FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I would rather gouge out my left eye with a blunt spork than ... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I would rather gouge out my left eye with a blunt spork than ...
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

"Never confuse having a really good meeting with actually accomplishing something."

"What did you do at work today?"

"Had a really good meeting."

[ROFL]

That is so going to be hung up in my office - or maybe I'll distribute it at the next meeting . . . [Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Meetings.

quote:
I hate the term "product" as used by sales people.

How much "product" do you have on hand?

What's worse is to hear it used by hairdressers.
"It looks like you're using a lot of product in your hair."
"You need to start thinking about the quality of product you're buying."
"See this residue? It's all product."

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why, but hair really squicks me out. I guess it seems like a really intimate thing. I like my hair, I like my husband's beard. But the thought of hairdressers always reminds me of that guy from the X-files who stole a lock of hair from the dead body.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you never develop a teratoma.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
The place where Ron used to work had this really unusually stupid manager. People visiting from other offices called him "Sling Blade" behind his back (after main character in the movie by that name).

He would say someone was "out of pocket" when they weren't in the office or available to work on a specific project.

He'd also tell people to "break wind on this project" when he meant "get started on this project."

>_<

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He would say someone was "out of pocket" when they weren't in the office or available to work on a specific project.
"Out of pocket" is popular slang around here. It's not as ubiquitous as "cool," but in a strange way, it is appropriate. I can imagine the alternative. "You, my friend, are twenty minutes late and have exhausted the premium on our friendship, and as such, my good will will not be paying for our time together. You are going to have to pay from where it hurts."

[ February 05, 2005, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Irami Osei-Frimpong ]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
"Response 2: "a slang term for a woman's ten fingernails (claws)""

I dont know if I have ever told you this, Rabbit, but you have to be the funniest person I have never met.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.