FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Favorite Super Comercial

Author Topic: Favorite Super Comercial
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the Diet Pepsi comercial, the one where everyone buys the diet pepsi trucks. I also liked the Lays comercial, the one with MC Hammer and the kids throw him back. Plus the Ford Mustang comercial was great.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite was the Bud Light commercial with the skydivers.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

Oh...yeah, I forgot about that one. That was good too.
Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I also liked the Pizza Hut commercial with the Muppets.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the second MC Hammer one, where 15 min later he is completely broke, and everythig is being repoed... [Big Grin]

At least he has a sense of humor about it all!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UTAH
Member # 5032

- posted      Profile for UTAH   Email UTAH         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't they play the Ford Mustang commercial one too many times?
Posts: 277 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

The way I figure it, most superbowls are blowout so it's more difficult to sell ads at the end of the game, so I expect to see repeats.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I only saw the first half of the game, but the Diet Pepsi truck was my favorite of the ones I did see. But the real best was a repeat - the one with players from the other 28 teams singing "Tomorrow".
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the FedEx one, personally. The eight points to having the best Super Bowl commercial. I laughed a lot.

Though the "Tomorrow" one is a perennial favourite. And if I have to be honest, I liked the one with Javon Walker, Charles Woodson (or some other Raider...) and Shaun Alexander getting ready for American Idol. I don't like that show, but I thought the commercial was cute.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I only saw as far as the bear starting to dance on the FedEx commercial - my next door neighbor brought me a half-gallon of ice cream for no apparent reason! FedEx usually does have really good commercials, though, so I'm a bit bummed about that.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
All of those were good ones, but my favorites were the two for Ameriquest, the "don't judge too quickly ones"

The first one had a guy talking on a headset, and he was standing at a counter being rung up in a store and he kept saying "no, you're being robbed, I tell you, you're being robbed!"

So the store owner, who had his back turned, turns around and maces him, then hits him with a bat, and another worker comes from behind and jolts him with a cattle prod.

The other one had a guy coming home from work, and he goes through all this work and makes dinner, and he has this marinara sauce simmering on the stove, as his girlfriend is walking in the cat dumps the sauce all over the place. So he picks up the sauce covered cat in one hand by the scruff of the neck, and he's holding a butcher knife in the other hand so it looks like he killed the cat, just as his girlfriend is walking in the door.

Honorable mentions are the Diet Pepsi commercial and the Fed Ex commercial.

[Edit to add: I loved the 30 second War of the Worlds spot too. I can't wait for that movie!!!]

[ February 07, 2005, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
The one with the cat got howls of laughter where I watched the Superbowl.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
did anyone see the pregame one with the hell's angels being scared off by the Ford Trucks in front of the bar?

Not the best, but funny.

the one where they applauded the military in the airport was fairly poignant, if an easy one to come up with.

I personally liked the Ameriquest ones the best, but thought they were pretty weak this year overall...

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm getting jaded. I didn't laugh at any of the commercials I saw last night (I didn't see the cat one, but I think I caught the rest of the ones mentioned here). I thought the Kinkos/FedEx one was cute, but I didn't laugh.

I remember dying with laughter watching the ads from the dot-com bubble days of Super Bowl commercials... the "herding cats" one from some investment company or something, the monster.com one with the kids saying what they wanted to be when they grew up... and the pet store ones with the sock singing Chicago hits.... "If you leeeeeeave me now, you'll take away the biggest paaaaart of meeeeee......"

Man, those were hilarious.

So, was this year's crop lame by comparison, or am I just getting old and humorless? [Wink]

[ February 07, 2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Zeugma ]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You can review most of them here:
Linky

In case you want to make sure you didn't miss any of the commercials..

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The SuperBowl XXXIX commercials at ifilm

[ February 07, 2005, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.