FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Pops! We need an update!

Author Topic: Hey Pops! We need an update!
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
If you're not comfortable with talking about it here, I'll delete this thread.

How are you doing since your little incident?

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!

And how is Superstation's diaper rash?

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I got nothin' to hide, including shame.

Superstation's diaper rash is still hanging on -- we started Lotrimin today (couldn't find nystatin anywhere). There may be something stomach-fluish with him, too, though, because his dirty diapers have been very runny, and he's still fussy a lot of the time with no seeming cause. That wouldn't bother me in a kid in general, but he's always been a pretty happy boy, so it's unusual.

My pee is still yellow, and all is well. I didn't give in to temptation, but instead went to the gym every day last week (though I rested on Sunday, you know, probably because I was raised Catholic or something and couldn't help it). I went a lot easier on the weights after my incident, though. Did a marathon in an hour today on the cycle, followed by a circuit of the weight machines. Tomorrow will be cardio and stretching only -- probably bike and elliptical. I decided every other day for weights is just fine. And I'm drinking lots and lots and lots and lots of water, and not having coffee until after I return home.

I'm also getting up at offensive hours to do so now. Since Mooselet is still dealing with his sickness, too -- probably just a cold -- I can't drop the kids off in the childcare area. So I have to get in my workout and get back home before Mama has to leave for work -- today I left at 5:40. Now I used to wake up that early all the time, but that was a while ago. I've become accustomed to sleeping until 7:00 now, and the change was irksome.

It's also lame because our plan was for Mama to start working out first thing in the morning so she could start coming home for lunch again, but we've had to postpone that shift. Mooselet will probably be better in a day or two, so we can do it then.

As a side note, I'm probably catching what Mooselet has, and Mama is probably catching what Superstation has (not the diaper rash thing, just the stomach thing). But maybe we'll avoid them -- who knows?

Thanks for caring, family.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. Hugs to all. Stay cool. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Update.

Superstation's rash seems not to be getting much better -- not getting worse in degree, but spreading a little bit. *sigh* And his diapers are still a bit runnier than we'd like -- includes soaking through into clothes now and then.

Mooselet has him beat, though -- more like soup. He called us into the computer room because "[we] need to fix lots of things," and it had soaked through, run down his leg, was on his clothes, his shoes, his chair, the floor.... The last time he dealt with something like this he was in diapers. Training pants aren't nearly as good at holding things in, apparently.

We also found that he'd decided blue was a better color for his computer monitor, and luckily for him he had just the right kind of crayon handy. *sigh*

Mama seems to have caught it, too, but I think she'd prefer I wasn't too explicit/graphic. I've avoided this biological attack on our family thus far, aside from a very slightly runny/stuffy nose -- I think it's afraid of me because I'm being so diligent in my exercising. Yeah, that's it.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Oh man, Pops. (((((Moose family)))))

I send love and prayers to the family.. Get better soon, please.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Papa, take echinacea.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, *ick*

Poor Meeses. [Frown]

Our dog has diarrhoea - and vomited on the couch yesterday. And then started eating her vomit.

*gross*

Not as bad as the whole family struck down though!

Pop - if you do get more sick, go easy on the exercise, ok? I tried to exercise (strenously) my way through a cold and it just got worse and worse and worse. In the end I had to just stop and let it get better naturally without taxing my body additionally.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Mooses)))))
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikers! [Frown]

Feel better, guys!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
There is a nasty, nasty tummy bug going around. [Frown]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Why do I read hatrack while eating breakfast?
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
*dons biosafety suit* Really, really doesn't want stomach flu right now.

So, CT, am I right to be a bit paranoid about my kids drinking from the school fountain? I have been ever since I saw a kid coughing with obviously a lot of phlegm in the school hall, then taking a drink from the fountain.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay Pops -- just for you!

http://users.pandora.be/stefdirrix/flash/queen.htm

Be sure to have sound turned up

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Mooses)))) Feel better.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Pops)))
(((Mama)))
(((Mooselet)))
(((Superstation)))

[ February 09, 2005, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww, man, poor mooses!!! That is no fun.

Hmm, could you switch to washclothes with plain water instead of diaper wipes until Supetstation's rash is gone? I've found it helps, whatever causes the ras.

(Amka, I am the same way. The kids drank from a fountain at the store and I just shuddered and trold them all about the 'germs of people we don't know '. Didn't help that on the way to the fouintain, there were medics caring for a wopman on a stretcher who was vomiting into a garbage can. )

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Wasn't sure whether to post here or just to bump this thread. Regarding the flu, I avoided avoiding, and now can't avoid voiding.

Superstation, though still fussy, appears to be back in good health. The rash is gone (though we'll still apply the lotrimin for another day or two), and his stools are back to normal. Mama's not at 100%, but if she's gutsy enough to have pudding for dessert tonight then she must not be too bad. Mooselet didn't throw up today, but the consistency of the contents of his first diaper of the day Mama referred to as "whipped." So not the soup of yesterdiaper, but not the solidity of yesterhealthy, either. I had to cut my exercise short ten minutes today for a bathroom run (at least two definitions of "run" fit here), and had to break out of the kids' bedtime routine to allow my food to exit through the what's normally the entry.

Tomorrow will be my first missed day of going to the gym, unless I wake up at 5:30 and can't go back to sleep, in which case maybe I'll just go there and sit in the sauna for a while.

My parents have cancelled their trip here this weekend, because they can't afford to get sick.

But hey -- our total tax liability this past year turned out to be $79, so we're getting a healthy refund. Yes, I know Uncle Sam gets the interest-free loan and we're so dumb not to calculate it better and yadda yadda yadda, but the interest we'd gain isn't that much, and we'd have to pay taxes on it, and we wouldn't have saved/invested it anyway. When it comes in small chunks it's too easy to spend, so we're better off this way. And Mama's already withholding at married 14, and we just don't have that many kids. [/sidetrack]

--Pop (who right now feels as though maybe there should be another 'o' there)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Our liability this year was $-90. That's pretty awesome until you realize how poor that means we are.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's hoping that you all feel better soon.
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw pop [Frown]

I hate the pukes. I actually hate it more than any other sickness. [Frown] That, uh...blows.

I dunno what my tax liability or nathan's was, but we both got pretty healthy refunds. Last year I ended up owing and this year ended up being refunded. Nothing changed in what I claimed. o_O

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Our tax liability was $-1,430. Gotta love those tax credits, but I feel for you kq.

Moose, I agree with you. I consider our tax return to be our savings account. If it came as an extra $30 a paycheck, it'd be spent. This way, we usually and one or two thousand dollars every year. It's usually used for a new car or hospital bills, so it's handy. And I agree with the interest thing. An extra $20 bucks at the end of the year is nothing, considering I don't think we'd manage to save it in the first place.

And still, I'd rather not be getting a refund check. I'd rather Bush fixed the budget and stopped screwing future generations. Raising Social Security withholdings less than 2% would fix Social Security. The funny thing is that they keep saying Social Security will be bankrupt because it will have to pay out more than it takes in. Wouldn't their definition of bankrupt pretty much apply to all of the United States? We have a deficit. That means, by definition, we pay out more than we take in. Ugh. The whole thing just makes me [Mad] .

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That, uh...blows.
[ROFL]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Takie care, PoOps. Hmmmm...maybe you should hold off on workouts for a few days? I'm thinking you don't want to tax your body right now.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Try Boudreaux's Butt-Paste on Superstation, Papa.

We've already bought a tube for the upcoming Sopwith Pup on the recommendation of some friends.

Boudreaux's Best

As a side note, we applied some to our dog's yeasty ears and voila~~ he's much better.

Get well soon!

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.