FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lesson Learned: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lesson Learned: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The woman who sued, though....I wouldn't give her teh time fo day from that point on if she lived in my neighborhood...and I would make sure she knew why. I would probably say " I can't talk to you, I wouldn;t wnat to set off another attack...adn to be honest I couldn't afford the legal fees of associating with you."
Why bother?

I mean, really -- why bother? Why do anything at all to go out of one's way to "show" her? She is the one who has to live with herself, and it doesn't exactly sound like a pleasurable experience.

I think neighboring her would call for minimal contact at all times; grave, excruciating courtesy when one must interact with her; and a fervent and authentic hope that her life improves. Although I'd keep that last hope to myself, as -- like many things -- it could be seen as an attack or hurtful comment, and of course I would get no pleasure from anyone else's pain.

[At least, if I did, I'd be ashamed of that and would try to work on it. Anything less would be doing myself an injustice. Someday I'm pretty sure I'm going to be confronted with every petty, thoughtless, cruel and unmakerish thing I ever did or said. I'm racing to get enough on the other side of the ledger to comfort me when I have to face who I've been.]

[ February 13, 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.