FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Muppet Mafia in full swing

Author Topic: Muppet Mafia in full swing
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Scroll down to today's date [Monkeys]

We now have 14 *real* players, so all you who hate to be pressured into something can now join!

Yeah, like anyone is going to reply to this. We have a strong roster building up for Muppet Show Mafia .

The cast so far consists of:
Pat (mod).... Scooter the gofer
Me............... Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Icarus (cameo)...Beaker
Rivka.............Miss Piggy
RRR..............Gonzo
Jeniwren.......Camilla the Chicken
Brinestone....Oscar the Grouch
My brother....Crazy Harry
SarMup.........Waldorf and Statler
Jon Boy.........Rizzo the Rat
Teshi.............Beauregard
Derrell...........Animal
Ryuko............Kermit
Nathan..........Swedish Chef
That's 12 actual players and Pat wants 2 more, apparently.

Okay, so why play mafia? I never got it until I tried it. It's a lot like some kind of controlled substance that way. Also the paranoia, the munchies, and the certitude that anyone who isn't into it has got to be nuts or something.

Time commitment: Checking in twice a day should be adequate. I've found that the more time I spend on the game, the more paranoid I appear and it tends to get me killed even when I am innocent. So if you're thinking mafia takes a lot of time, it doesn't. We don't want all your free time, we just want your SOUL!

[ February 24, 2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

I can't be Camilla if we don't have a Gonzo. It would be too depressing.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
We don't have a Gonzo? [Eek!]
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Gonzo. I even posted my profile before you posted yours. [Razz]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I would play but I know very little about the muppets except vague outlines of them.

[Frown]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Phew, I thought I was losing it there for a moment. By the way, even though a lot of folks have gotten hyper excited with linked photos and avatars, you don't have to know how to do that stuff to post a profile.

P.S. It took long paragraphs of very small words to teach me how to post an image or upload an avatar. [Smile]

[ February 09, 2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Teshi, neither do I. I just picked a random Sesame Street character and used google to find out about him. Just think: your ticket to mafia is only a few clicks away!
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Hm, I don't even know if I'm a member of the forum! But I think I will...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Triple R: Oh man...it's a good thing I'm playing a chicken that doesn't talk.

*cluck*

*cluck*

[Embarrassed]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

...the instructions to register use the word "simply".

[Big Grin] [Angst] [Cool]

Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
For a limited time, if you sign up to play, you will get an Ipod! for free!!!!
Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Derrell, did you need any help with getting registered?
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, when I tried to register, it wouldn't let me. I don'tt know if I'll have to reregister for the forums, but I'm frustrated.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

I log into the forum. I try to post a reply in the muppet mafia sign up thread and it says I'm not logged in, so I log in. I write my post and hit the button to add it to the thread. It says I don't have permission to post in the thread and asks me for my user name and password.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

OK, I fixed my problem by switching browsers. Now where do I find a biography of Animal?

I've officially posted in the Muppet Mafia sign up thread at Galactic Cactus. [Big Grin]

mothertree
Member # 4999

[Hail] Please please please sign up!
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I signed up. You should too.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I read this thread title as, "We are so close, like a 3-way"... [Blushing]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL KQ!

I read it the same way. I hopped on to this thread to post "There's no way I'm dobie-ing this thing. I'll get banned"

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

:desperately scrolls up to make sure I didn't in fact type that: Phew.

Does me being the poster make that reading any more likely? [Angst]

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Why? Do you have a reputation for such things? =)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...I'm tempted. I really shouldn't, but I'm tempted. We shall see.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Go figure..tempted by a three-way...that's a first... [Evil]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, you know it. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
when does the game start? just whenever you get enough people?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Don't you just need 3?
mothertree
Member # 4999

If mack is in, we just need 2. But I don't know if mack is in.

Dragon- it seems so, yes.

[ February 16, 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I've been wanting to see what the mafia thing is all about, so you can count me in if you still need people. Just let me know; I'll check back tomorrow. I'll probably suck big-time, but that's probably want you more experienced players want, eh? [Wink]

space opera

edit: man, I'm a bad speller all the sudden

[ February 16, 2005, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I read this thread title as, "We are so close, like a 3-way"
That's what I thought it said as well.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Now this is getting offensive. [Wink] I would totally call it a menage a trois if that was what I meant.

And yes, Space Opera, we totally need you!

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't "manage a trois" a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Definitely a popular fanfic title, if not an actual episode. So are you playing, Mack? I'm not sure who your inner muppet would be. The cast so far consists of:

Icarus (cameo)...Beaker
RRR..............Gonzo
Derrell...........Animal
Ryuko............Kermit

That's 12 actual players and Pat wants 2 more, apparently.

You can look around for ideas at

kermitage.com

[ February 16, 2005, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
No more mafia.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to play.

i want to play FOZZIE!!!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I will try it, but those kind of games make me nervous as can be.

Plus, my eight year-old son is deathly afraid of muppets. We can't even say the "M" word out loud.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Where's Snuffleluffagus?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Oscar is Sesame Street, not Muppet Show.

Fozzie's omission is inexcusable.

If you need one last player, I can volunteer as Sam the Eagle.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghost of dkw
Member # 4046

- posted      Profile for ghost of dkw   Email ghost of dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe you mean Sam the American Eagle.
Posts: 40 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, it's Sam the Eagle.

Disdain is not just an American value.

*puts head in wing and shakes head*

-Bok

[ February 17, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I think I'll be Count von Count.

space opera

edit: Or perhaps Dr. Teeth, since the Count apparantly is from Sesame Street. [Razz]

[ February 17, 2005, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Space Opera ]

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Leonide, Fozzie was my favorite as a kid. Sign up and we should be able to get this game rolling! sign up thread
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]

Just did!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Great! So now the roster is:

Icarus (cameo)...Beaker
RRR..............Gonzo
Derrell...........Animal
Ryuko............Kermit
Space Opera......Dr. Teeth
Bokonon..........Sam the Eagle
Leonide..........Fozzie Bear

If I know Pat, he'll probably delay play until Tuesday due to the holiday. I guess if other folks sign up real quick, they can get in.

mothertree
Member # 4999

Okay, if anyone gives me grief about checking private massages [No No]

Roles have been sent out via the Galacticcactus private message system. Game play will occur in the Mafia folder over there, but I will periodically bumpt this thread in case you forget. Also, the mafia folder over there can be hard to find sometimes. You can generally get it by using the "forum jump" feature.

mothertree
Member # 4999

February 24

Dead so far: Miss Piggy and Fozzie Bear. Granted, Miss Piggy was apparently killed by Fozzie Bear.

If you didn't vote yesterday, you need to vote today or face death by natural causes. A vote to abstain does count as a vote. So even if you want to post an abstaining vote for now and change it later, that would be good. We need as many townies as possible to not die of natural causes.

mothertree
Member # 4999

You are here. Okay, so basically the first day we had a phony death just to get to pot boiling. Today was the first day of actual mafia and serial killings. Somehow, it got labelled day one when it is actually day two, and to vote on the action you need the day 2 voting thread. If you posted but didn't vote, that might be enough, but voting for this round closes at 9 a.m. Mountain time on Friday, feb 25th.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually, it's Sam the Eagle.

Disdain is not just an American value.

That reminds me of my favorite line from A Muppet Christmas Carol:

Sam (to young scrooge): Business! It is the American way!

(Gonzo aka Charles Dickens whispers in his ear)

Sam: er...it is the British way!

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

:chuckle:

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.