FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Question as to the Narnia Movies

Author Topic: Question as to the Narnia Movies
Hermocrates of Syracuse
Member # 7233

- posted      Profile for Hermocrates of Syracuse           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it only certain that the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe is being made, or have any others been decided on, because I would dearly love to see Rippachip in something other than those BBC made for tv movies.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I read somewhere that they are already working on a script for Prince Caspian. Ultimately, of course, everything will depend on how successful the movies are. If the first one flops, no others will be made. If it is successful, they will continue making them until either they are no longer successful or all seven have been filmed. It's all about the money.

I hope they are successful.

Go visit www.narniaweb.com for more info.

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermocrates of Syracuse
Member # 7233

Onward ever onward unto the ending of the world. I love Rippachip. Sorry a bit random.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
And I believe it's "Reepicheep".
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hermocrates of Syracuse
Member # 7233

Thanks
digging_holes
Member # 6237

No problem. [Smile]

Have you read the books?

Hermocrates of Syracuse
Member # 7233

Many times. I take it you have.
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope they are successful.
I hope they are good. After the travesties that were the A Wrinkle in Time and A Ring of Endless Light movies I'm not getting my hopes up.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
But folks, it's WETA. I put so much faith in them, especially from the sneak peeks we've been given....The script could really suck, but it's still going to LOOK really good. [Smile]

(I hope it's good too, and not just visually pretty. But this one seems to have a lot more money, advertising and Disney behind it than those other two you mentioned, so I imagine it'll be more successful no matter what.)

edit: my grammar sucks.

[ February 10, 2005, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest and blunt, regardless of script/special effects/acting, this movie is going to make bank, purely on the title and the popularity of the book. Which isn't to say that it won't be awesome, I'm counting on it being so, but theres no need to doubt this movie is going to make over 200 Million.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

Here's an interesting article. Not only is it reassuring as to the preserved integrity of the story, but it is also a rather interesting look at the impact The Passion of the Christ has had on Hollywood.

[ February 10, 2005, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: digging_holes ]

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Good to meet you Hermocrates. I take it from your spelling of Rippicheep that English isn't your first language. From whence do you hail? [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.