FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Another movie?

Author Topic: Another movie?
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there going to be another movie made after Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick? to find out what Riddick does with his throne-age, or something?
I tried to search for it online.. but i kept coming up with moronic comments like "Vehicle Identification Number Diesel (yes, that's where he got his name)" that just keep getting on my nerves and frustrating me. Hmph.
Well, does anyone know?

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HippyGirl
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for HippyGirl   Email HippyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know.....I haven't even bothered to rent The Chronicles of Riddick yet......is it good?? [Dont Know]
Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I checked imdb and hsx and didn't see any Riddick-related projects for Vin Diesel or the Wheat brothers (writers for the series).

There is an animated video filling the gap between the two movies called Dark Fury. But you probably already knew that. Good luck. [Smile]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407658/

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

I knew the Dark Fury thing, but thanks. Well then, I think I'm bordering on disappointment here. What happens?!? :\
And yes, both the movies were very good!
I have them, you may borrow them [Wink]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Tater, IIRC there is a script for a third. I don't know if it is even on the board or being considered or in pre-production, but I know there's a script. I saw this on one of the extras on the DVD (I think).

And, while they were both somewhat guilty pleasures, I have to admit to enjoying both the Riddick movies thus far. If they make a third, I will undoubtedly see it.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I'll probably netflix it, but thanks for the offer. [Smile]

The dark fury movie is directed by Peter Chung, who worked on Transformers, Aeon Flux, and the Animatrix. It must be pretty awesome. [Smile]

[ February 10, 2005, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

Why netflix when you can tater.. ahh, I lost whatever creative thing I had to say.
A script? *runs to check her DVD extras*

Tater
Member # 7035

and i should probably add one HUGE reason that the movies were so good...

VIN DIESEL

*drools*

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Hmmm... Megan's right. There are some encouraging signs. [Smile]

Counting Down.com has a page dedicated to Chronicles of Riddick 2: The Underverse but provides no news or details on the project.

Here's an interview snipet attributed to Vin Diesel:

quote:
"From the very very beginning, when everyone thought it was crazy, I was thinking of The Chronicles of Riddick as a trilogy," said Diesel. "That would start with the movie you saw, and Pitch Black would act as a prequel that introduced you to the character. So in simple terms, in Chronicles 2 we venture to the Underverse. We knew we could get away with a PG-13 on the first one, but once you go to the Underverse it's rated R, because it's a place where war is the norm and there is constant, constant battling. Then on Chronicles 3 we will see Riddick return to Furia, to deal with the homeland."
Moviesonline.ca quoting empire

According to Sci Fi Wire, whether there will be a third movie depends on DVD sales:

quote:
David Twohy, director of The Chronicles of Riddick, told Now Playing Magazine that further installments of the proposed Riddick trilogy of films will depend in part on the performance of the upcoming Riddick director's-cut DVD, which hits stores next week. The first Chronicles of Riddick film didn't fare well at the box office in its premiere this year.

Sequels are "still a possibility, but many eyes are watching this DVD release very closely," Twohy told the new magazine....

If a sequel is made, Lehman's character, a Furyan who appears to Vin Diesel's Riddick in a vision, will play a more prominent role, Twohy said. The mythology of the Riddick universe will also be further fleshed out, Twohy said. "We would talk a lot about the Underverse, this being the sort of collision of heaven and hell for the Necromonger empire, and what that all is, and we'd venture across it," he said. "We know the Lord Marshal character [Colm Feore] gained some powers there by stepping in, having one foot in this land of the Necromonger dead. And he came back with this power of soul separation. So it's a very interesting place, and thought to be a physical place, and if we had the opportunity to continue the story we would surely like to go there."
Sci Fi Wire

Tater
Member # 7035

*dances*
Thanks. =D
That's encouraging.

Oh, and, instead of renting the movies, can't you see now that you simply must BUY them! The fate of the Chronicles rests in your hands!

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

lol

Yes, I guess I better do my part. [Big Grin]

Tater
Member # 7035

Indeed.
And while we're on the subject of sci-fi, this looks decent, no?
quote:
THE BEAST

A small fishing community is terrorized by a pair of gigantic, mother-son squid in this marine-monster adventure, a miniseries adaptation of the novel by Peter Benchley (Jaws). William L. Petersen (Manhunter, TV's CSI: Crime Scene Investigation), Charles Martin Smith (Deep Impact, Starman) and Karen Sillas (The Other Side) star.

Part 1 airs Thursday, February 10, at 7PM ET/PT
Part 2 airs Thursday, February 10, at 9PM ET/PT

I think I'll be watching it. [Smile]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
None of that convinces me that I should see them.....I agree with HippyGirl.....are they really good enough to buy?? [Dont Know]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
naledge
Member # 392

- posted      Profile for naledge   Email naledge         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
None of that convinces me that I should see them.....I agree with HippyGirl.....are they really good enough to buy??
I will save you the trouble with a simple...

NO!

Rent it if you must, but don't buy. The world will be better off if another Ridddick movie is never made. I will say it has some of the best artistry and cinematographic work I have ever seen in a Sci-Fi movie, but the dialogue and plot is so absolutely horrible it ruins the whole experience.

-nal

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Pitch Black is worth buying. Chronicles isn't, really. But I would like to see another one made...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

[Mad]

I have no idea what naledge is talking about
The plot is fantastic! [Mad]

I like Pitch Black because Riddick surprised me with his actions. (and by surprised i mean, did what i didn't expect for a change.) And in the Chronicles we see his "human side" if you will. I love both.
*stops talking as to avoid spoiling*

[ February 10, 2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Tater ]

Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

I really enjoyed Pitch Black because I had absolutely no idea what the movie was about and literally walked into the movie theater by mistake.

The story and VD's acting were a pleasant surprise.

The second movie is definitely not as good as the first one. But I can't really bad mouth it too much because I know people who worked on some s/fx for that movie. [Razz]

Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
The Chronicles of Riddick was a waste of my time. The only thing it has going for it is some good imagery.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.