FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OSC in New Zealand

Author Topic: OSC in New Zealand
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Y'all, he's going to New Zealand for Shadow of the Giant. Who was it that put in the request? [Smile] Congratulations!
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen tt&t around here in a while, and anytime i try to go to greenkiwi, it's down [Frown]
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
That's very cool...but he's going to New Zealand and NOT the west coast?? Where his son lives?

Geoff, you seriously need to have kids soon, so that OSC well come this direction more often. [Smile] He can sign books and talk to us while he's here.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh -- huh. I just made a thread about his tour, too - but put it on the other side becauase that is what I thought I was supposed to do...

It is cool that he gets to see those in New Zealand. That's a country I hope to visit someday.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Drat. Although a SciFi convention in Wellington NZ just sounds like so much fun. I wish I could go!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Geoff, you seriously need to have kids soon, so that OSC well come this direction more often. [Smile] He can sign books and talk to us while he's here.
[ROFL]
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with that. Geoff, please tell Heather of our selfish needs and see how she feels about that. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
i don't live anywhere near the west coast, but i think you guys should have kids for the sake of those who do.

this (^) is just my personal opinion.

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how NZ got on their, though I'm sure the Cards are excited about that trip. [Smile] I don know that in the past, dates are continually added as more and more bookstores arrange with OSC and the publisher to have him come. *Crosses fingers for MidWest area signing*

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I haven't seen tt&t around here in a while, and anytime i try to go to greenkiwi, it's down [Frown]
I haven't noticed it being down. Do you have the address right? It should be http://kiwi.highfantastical.com/phpbb2/ .

Too bad the convention couldn't have been while I was in New Zealand.

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*Crosses fingers for MidWest area signing*
*crosses various extremities to add to sentiment*
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
The New Zealand event has been there for a couple months -- since before the Shadow of the Giant tour dates were listed.

I was hoping that, although the Cards did state the majority of the tour would be east coast, Los Angeles would be a big enough market to get him out here for a day or two. Alas, it is not to be, I guess.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
And he still isn't coming to Missouri! [Cry] [Frown] [Cry] [Frown] [Cry] [Frown] [Cry] [Frown]

[ February 16, 2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just glad he's having a stop for the tour here in Greensboro. Heck, I live in the same town as the guy and haven't had the pleasure of making his acquaintence yet. [Big Grin]
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Sopwith, really? Be sure to meet Kristine too if you can...she's a truly lovely woman and an opportunity to meet her is not to be missed if you can help it. [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Another midwest vote! I was really hoping he would come out this way. I know he came out at least not too long ago in the past, as I snagged a leftover signed copy of Crystal City in Louisville.

But he should come again. And preferably stay at my house. I just feel like I haven't gotten enough one on one time with him, ya know? [Wink]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] I want him to come to MN...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if he got one of those tours of Edoras that was advertised on the LOTR DVD.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
No Utah visit again...second year in a row. [Frown] I've got books piling up to get signed. [Wink]

(Ashley, I really think you are jinxed...he came here all the time before you started at BYU! [Razz] )

[ February 16, 2005, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: hansenj ]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooo. I live in Wellington and all!

Also, greenkiwi is never down, as far as I know. Some people had trouble logging in a while back, though. [Dont Know]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the Cards could be convinced to take a slight detour to Western Australia?

It's not *that* far from NZ...

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
And hey, if he's flying over the Pacific ANYway, a pitstop in Hawaii would do him good...Kauai, specifically...

Man, even OSC is getting to NZ before me. Hmph.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

imogen, I think you should just come to Wellington. [Razz]
Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
+1 Vote for Australia too...
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we should all come to Wellington.

edit: Except I'm having flashbacks from English class that remind that the proper form of that sentence should be "I think we should all go to Wellington." since you can't come to a place. You can only go. I think. Not quite sure.

[ February 19, 2005, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Rappin' Ronnie Reagan ]

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

I can say you should come to Wellington, since I'm already here. You can't say it though. Take it back!
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

Never!
Zotto!
Member # 4689

Now, now, children.

The solution is for everyone to come to Hawaii.

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'd be up for that!

Or you could all conglomerate in Jerusalem. Besides the three Hatrackers I know of in Israel, two of you have already come to visit this year. Keep up the good work! [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

I dunno. Hawaii's not New Zealand.
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they don't have orcs in Hawaii.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*falls over laughing*
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as I win lotto, I'm there, tt&t.

[Smile]

Heck, Hawaii too. Orcs or no orcs.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

True, we don't have orcs here in Hawaii. However, we do have hippies in abundance living in the trees, and if you pretend they're really hairy elfs, it's almost as good. [Smile]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
if you pretend they're really hairy elfs, it's almost as good.
Well, it isn't precisely the first thing I expected to read at Hatrack this morning, but I can go with the groove.

*envisions hairy elves

[Yeah, it's pretty good. [Smile] ]

[ February 21, 2005, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
See, OSC was within 120 miles of where I live twice, and I couldn't pull it off. I guess I just have to make an effort to go to a signing far away next time he's in California. I really wish I could have made it to the San Jose Crystal City signings.... [Frown]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(Ashley, I really think you are jinxed...he came here all the time before you started at BYU! [Razz] )
It's true! I have to leave the state so the real Utaqueros can have a chance to see him. I'm still upset about Boot Camp this year. [Frown]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are upset about Boot Camp because . . . . ?
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the reason why she's upset [Smile]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.