FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shadow of the Giant Tour: Philly!!

Author Topic: Shadow of the Giant Tour: Philly!!
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I will totally take off work to go if someone else -- just ONE other person -- is going. Even if that one person is Strider, because he's supposed to work that day too.

So come one, come all -- and this time I won't overdress cause I won't be coming right from an audition. [Big Grin]

And I promise if the right time comes up, to ask my burning question about whether the linking book will deal with the descoladores! (that i was too star-struck to ask at the Shadow Puppets signing...)

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, if I could make any of them, it would be Pittsburgh - a lot closer to me for a weekend trip.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Even me!?!?!?!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
urbanX
Member # 1450

- posted      Profile for urbanX   Email urbanX         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm there! Finally a benifit to living in this city.
Not to mention the Dali exhibit.

Posts: 421 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
No philly, but I'll be there for pittsburgh, You should come Tick!

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

turns out I don't have to work...so i am most DEFINITELY going.

Anyone else? [Wave]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there. [Smile]
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

you're a durfhead.
Strider
Member # 1807

Sorry. Wasn't sure if you knew.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I may be enticed to attend...
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HollowEarth
Member # 2586

- posted      Profile for HollowEarth   Email HollowEarth         Edit/Delete Post 
doh. I have walked to the free library before, but I'll be on the way to or in south carolina on the 19th.

edit: yeah.

[ February 26, 2005, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: HollowEarth ]

Posts: 1621 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

Okay, folks, a little over a week til this signing!
Leonide
Member # 4157

This Saturday!

Well, Javert?

Anyone else?

Come on!

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...this coming weekend I may be in Philly to visit a friend. It'd be cool to finally meet some Hatrackers.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

!!!!!!

Come!!

COME!!!!

Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there. I think. What time does t start?
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

Come come commalla....wait, that's not this writer, heh.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Also, if any Hatrackers are going and will be interested in hanging out, me and Leonide are looking to hang out in Philly for the day.

We're thinking of going to the Salvador Dali exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Maybe that or something else.

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
ok
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

See Strider, those of us who actually live in the city are too poor to go see things that cost money. Sorry. [Wink]
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I lived away away from Philly for several year and was excited about the new things I could go see. That is till I got back into city life and promptly began to take for granted what Philly has to offer.

[ March 08, 2005, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged ]

Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

We'll meet you at 3pm Kama. Don't be late.

Sorry Javert! We may not see Dali, i'm more excited about it than Kira. If there's something else fun to do, we can do that instead.

Leonide
Member # 4157

Tomorrow...tomorrow...

Will Greg and I be attending alone?

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm not going to be able to make it. My friend crapped out, unfortunately.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be there, depending on how much work I've got.

If you're not digging on Dali, maybe you'd like to check out the Rodin Museum. It's like three blocks away. I used to hang out there all the time with my laptop and a spare battery. It's pretty awesome, in a peaceful, contemplative, not crowded sort of way.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.