FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My birthday Shinda (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My birthday Shinda
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The supermarkets (Ralphs, Vons, Albertsons) around here all carry Empire cold cuts. I generally buy mostly whatever KosherClub has more often, but I get the Empire stuff sometimes too.

But I cannot sell you anything on Shabbos . . .

About the egg whites. Does that mean he can't eat bread that has eggs in it?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes he reacts, sometimes he doesn't. He hasn't had any problems with bread lately, and even does ok with pancakes that we know were made with eggs. As long as neither is buttered, of course.

Maybe we can just swing by a store in your area on our way in or out. Anyway, we'll see you (we hope) soon.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I recommend the Ralphs on Miracle Mile. You'll be looking for these.

[ April 08, 2005, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Last-minute update-type thing:

We have a child-seat-with-tray dealie (you know, the ones that come in primary colors and can be folded?), so if that will work for Superstation, great. We also have an one-piece, non-folding booster chair, with no tray -- not sure if Mooselet still uses one, but it's here if he wants it.

I have left two spots in the driveway (behind the little red car), and street parking is (I think -- but check the signs) not restricted tomorrow. I do not have any extra guest parking permits.

Looking forward to one-ish tomorrow! [Big Grin]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Could you e-mail me directions again? As I was recalling how well I knew them yesterday and being impressed with my excellent memory, it had slipped my mind that you don't live there any more. *sigh* Thanks....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll want to keep this up, as she won't be posting until tomorrow night...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Or if you need to leave before she'll get to answer this, I can give you her cell phone so you can call her after her Sabbath.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(Rivka, I would not do that if it were not someone I had met.)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(At your home. The address of which I assume you had given him. [Wink] )
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

I realized after posting that she wouldn't be able to respond, but I found an old e-mail with the address, so I can get there. Thanks, though, kq.
rivka
Member # 4859

No worries, kq. [Smile] Thanks for the assist.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Just didn't want you to think I go around wantonly sharing people's personal and confidential information over the 'net... *looks shifty*

So, washed your hair lately? [Evil Laugh]

rivka
Member # 4859

Good to know. [Smile]

*primly* I don't have to tell you. You weren't here.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hmph. Well, Jeff has a phone interview sometime soon for a job in La Crescenta, so cross your fingers for him, and we may be able to come next year. We could even have, like, a combined Emma/Rivka birthday party for Hatrack to attend that weekend. [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

That would be so cool!

Good luck on the interview (and not just because I'd love y'all to join our clump)!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yeah, the great part is, if we're moving halfway across the country for a job, it's 'cause they'd be paying enough to live off of (which he's not really right now). And it's something Jeff likes. And I'd have the opportunity to care for one, and soon two, children in our home to make extra "fun" money, instead of just having the basics, without having to leave Emma. And if this one doesn't work out, there are several other firms that may want him-- heck, they might even start a bidding war if they need him enough! And-- the best part-- most of the year, he wouldn't need to work 6 days a week or insanely long hours, so Emma wouldn't wave and look sad or ask, "Abba go bye-bye?" every time he walked out of the room and shut the door.
rivka
Member # 4859

*hug*

I hope it works out!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thanks. (((hugs back)))

*brushes against rivka's virtual hair*

Oooohhh... Your virtual hair is nice. [Big Grin]

rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]

It's all in your head.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You know it. [Evil]
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Rivka!

Sweetie, I hope you had a great Shinda yesterday!
[Kiss]
[Party]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy (late) Birthday!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
So, rivka, did you have a good birthday? Are there any pictures of the get-together?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
*co-signs saxon75* [Big Grin]
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
No one took any photos, at least while I was there.
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I had a great birthday. [Smile]

As far as I know, no pictures were taken.

Were your parents sufficiently entertained? [Wink]

saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
They were, indeed.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean, no pictures? How do we vicariously enjoy?

[Cry]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

[Confused] NO pictures?

come on people, its not a shinda without pictures!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
No pictures. Wouldn't want to spoil ya with pictures of a bunch of adorable kids.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

There have been other Shindae that were picture-less. And I was perfectly happy to not have to dodge cameras two Shabboses in a row.
Dragon
Member # 3670

you don't like cameras?

[edit: this is my 2400th post!]

[ April 11, 2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Not on my Sabbath, no.
Dragon
Member # 3670

oh, I see, sorry.
rivka
Member # 4859

No apology necessary. [Smile]

Honestly, I don't know that the camera-less state of the Shinda had anything to do with that. We've had more than one on Sundays or weekdays with no cameras. [Dont Know]

Shan
Member # 4550

I'm still just sulking that I couldn't hop a flight down and celebrate with you . . . sorry.

*abashed*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*hug* No need for abashment either. [Smile]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, I don't know... A-bash-ment has its place... *gets out bashing stick* [Big Grin]
Dragon
Member # 3670

*runs away*

this was a warm and fuzzy thread for a minute...

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I was talking about pinatas. Sheesh. *looks innocent*
Shan
Member # 4550

*cowers*

[Razz]

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
*gets in line*
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

to get bashed???

geez

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

For the pinata, obviously!
Stan the man
Member # 6249

I guess Dragon doesn't want candy. [Dont Know]
Dragon
Member # 3670

candy???

I like candy...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.