FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Advertising in mmorpgs

Author Topic: Advertising in mmorpgs
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the idea of ordering Pizza Hut pizza online, but how far will this go?

[ February 20, 2005, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh... somehow I don't think that this will make it as far as Jerusalem! [Wink]

Otherwise, that'd be pretty cool.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adam613
Member # 5522

- posted      Profile for adam613   Email adam613         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 2580 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
That's pretty funny - and useful, especially if you could give instructions for them to bring you the pizza and soda where your computer is so you don't end up wiping a raid because you had to get the door.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
Plus, starting next week you can type /feed and someone from sony will come and hold a slice of pizza up to your mouth so that you don't have to take your hands off the keyboard!
Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I would never order Pizza Hut pizza just because I didn't want to leave a game. I'd call for my husband to order Papa John's instead. Pizza Hut pizza would just make me have to leave anyway to vomit it up in the bathroom. Ick.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Pizza hut pizza would make me leave a game, because I wouldn't be able to concentrate on the game when I have pure unadulteraded greatness in my mouth.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Talk about superliminal advertising. When I'm in the middle of a game, I get in that state where I'm kind of half out of it, which is the perfect time to advertise.

******wow, my defenses aren't that good, I should do this and that*******
Random Advertisement Pops Up: ARE YOU HUNGRY!?!
******Why yes.... yes I am. Any suggestions?******
Random Advertisement: ORDER TAKE OUT CHINESE FROM WONG'S WOK 'N ROLL AND STOP STARVING!!!!
******Ok.*******

Or at least thats how it would work with my brain.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.