FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thank you OSC

Author Topic: Thank you OSC
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
A year or so ago, I don't recall exactly, I drove down to Northern VA, just outside of DC, to attend a book signing by our lovely host. I got lost on the way there, not to mention nearly killing Eddie. I got even more lost on the way back. Hopelessly lost, to the point of stopping at multiple locations at 2 in the morning trying to just find my way north in a nearly tearful state.

I really enjoy OSC book signings. I consider myself an OSC fan, and very much like hanging out with other OSC fans. So it pained me very much to swear off DC OSC book signings unless they were metro accessible. I simply never wanted to go through that again. Now I'll admit that I can't find my rear end with both hands in my back pockets squeezing, but as our dear Otaku will attest to, driving in DC just flat out sucks. I'm not alone in thinking that it is a very confusing city to drive in or around.

At any rate, I just checked the tour dates for Shadow of the Giant. It looks like I will make a signing after all [Big Grin] . Thank you, OSC, for planning a signing that is metro accessible.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now I'll admit that I can't find my rear end with both hands in my back pockets squeezing
I was just wondering, does this mean you have a hard time finding things, or that you have no rear end? Just curious [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I just went to a signing this weekend in Boston, and he was great. I recommend it highly.:

Both OSC and his wife were very nice to me, and I look forward to doing it again someday.

Just don;t be the person who brings 38 books for him to sign...I was behing 2 of those people this thime, and it was annoying. So mush so that when I saw one of them leaving, and the strap on his HUGE bag broke, I laughed at him and kept on walking...normally I would have felt bad, but I didn't this time...not even a little.

[Evil]

Does that make me a bad person?

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
Whether or not you were bad depends on how many books you kicked out of his reach.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.