FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm addicted and it's all CT's fault. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm addicted and it's all CT's fault.
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason whenever my mom makes popovers she buys a mix (from Baker's Catalogue I think), but having seen the recipe I wonder why she doesn't just make them from scratch. [Dont Know]
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
MB,
We are a mix society, that's why. Pancakles are the simplest things in the world to make, and you can even make baggies with all the flour-salt-etc stuff ahead of time, but Bisquick and Aunt Jemimah still make the big bucks.

CT, raw walnuts make me sneez and itch. Sigh. Almonds are also supposed to be really good. I can eat nuts if they are roasted.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Poor love! [Frown]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
So roast them yourself. They're best fresh-roasted, anyway... just stick 'em in a pan and put them on the stove. shake 'em every now and then so they don't burn. They're done when they suddenly become intensely aromatic. That way you don't have to have the added salt and oil they use when you buy them roasted. [Smile]

Speaking of intensely aromatic, I am eating a chunk of the dark chocolate w/ orange and spices bar that CT gave me. [Smile] It is my third chunk, there are probably two left if I continue to ration carefully and don't just eat the whole thing tonight. It is delicious, thanks again Sara & Vana. [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I always roast my nuts unless they are topping something that is going under the broiler. Roasted nuts make cookies much nicer.

Glad you liked it, ElJay. That's a fair trade company, too (not sure if it is marked as such on the package, but I double-checked). I have some to send to Elizabeth and Paul Goldner if I can get to the PO tomorrow.

And Dana liked the cranberry cheddar that Vana picked out. [Cool]

[ February 27, 2005, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I used the last egg last night sealing periyukas so no popovers for breakfast.
[Frown]

Maybe I'll go and buy eggs and have them for lunch. With blue cheese. *mmmm*

I had mushrooms, asparagus and fetta on toast for breakfast instead - enjoyable, but not popovers.

This is my last day before classes and work (hopefully, depending on how my interview on Wednesday goes) begin so I'm making the most of leisurely breakfast!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You made periyukas again? I'll have to tell my dad's fiance that her grandma's recipe is going to good use. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

Please do. [Smile]

I made too many and boy were we stuffed but they were great.

I stuffed them a little fuller and they didn't float immediately this time. I also got flour all over myself.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

That can be kinda fun. [Smile]
imogen
Member # 5485

[Smile]

Tony pointed out that I had a perfect white handprint of flour right over my right buttock. [Blushing]

The scary thing is if I reproduced the skirt, handprint and all, it would be all the rage for 13 year old girls. If I shortened it as well, of course.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Imogen, it would especially work if you called the skirts "Popovers."
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.