FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things that make you feel more popular than you probably are: (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Things that make you feel more popular than you probably are:
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Kat, I've gotten that before, too. [Smile]

"You're Raia?? I've been told by so many people that I need to talk to you!"

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been in a whole bunch of plays over the years. Occasionally, people will come up to me and say "hey, I recognized you from such-and-such." I always get a self-esteem booster from that. The same with particularly positive reviews of my acting. I glowed for days when OSC wrote a positive review of my performance in Big River a few years back. Of course, such reviews don't come too often [Blushing] so that always bursts my bubble.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
See, when people recognize me from plays and such, it's not because I'm good, but because I have huge, unmistakeable, curly red hair. [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, she meant whenever Hatrack is "down," as in down in the dumps, SakeRiver brings her up. I'm sure that is what she meant. Sure of it.
[ROFL]
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The very infrequent flurries of high activity at Sakeriver swell my head beyond its normal gargantuan proportions. We're talking so huge that even light can't escape its gravity well.
So that's the real reason your site goes down all the time! Your head gets massive enough to actually warp space time around it enough that the connections to your server cease to function properly. It all makes sense now.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Since it seems to crash more often during the less active times, I'd say it's more likely having fits of loneliness.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. It's dependant on the gravitational pull from your head, and doesn't do well without it. [Razz]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
When I used to tutor at Ventura College, people would drag their friends in to meet me. It got a little freaky when I'd be with my mother and end up running into someone at Costco or Sam's Club that I had tutored. It was even more wierd after I'd been away in Oklahoma for a couple years and people would still remember me and come up to me in random places. Some of the die hards I'd remember, but most I only helped with a chem problem once or twice.

While I wish I had more truly local friends here, I kind of like the anonymity of Chicago. Anywhere in Southern CA south of San Luis Obispo, I was likely to run into someone who knew me or knew of me. Hopefully they've forgotten me now. And I've cut my hair so they won't recognize me either.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.