FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Songs you can't bear to listen to (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Songs you can't bear to listen to
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"I've never liked how we refer to adult males as men and adult females as girls."

I knew I liked you for something other than the other ten thousand things I like you for, Icarus.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I played Amazing Grace for my Granma's funeral, and my mom can't listen to it anymore.

Also, there is a song named Scorn Not His Simplisity by Ronan Tynan that is great, and makes me a bit weak at times...I have worked with special ed kids when I was in school, and my cousin is autistic, so that one means a lot to me.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichelleEly
Member # 6737

- posted      Profile for MichelleEly   Email MichelleEly         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like a girl. I like girly things. I've got girly looking daisy and kittens stickers all over my laptop.

I am Girl, Hear me Purr! [Wink]
Michelle

[ February 26, 2005, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: MichelleEly ]

Posts: 152 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad Little Kitty!!!

[Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichelleEly
Member # 6737

- posted      Profile for MichelleEly   Email MichelleEly         Edit/Delete Post 
I try!
Michelle

Posts: 152 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Amazing Grace is excruciatingly painful.
Musically, lyrically, or emotionally?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
A song that's almost in the same vein as "Daughters", but from a first-person perspective rather than a third-person perspective, is "Father of Mine" by Everclear. I like that one better. It's more heartbreaking and truthful to me.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
All three. Plus I caught it off a friend of mine.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. I think it's beautiful, especially the lyrics. [Dont Know]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
"I can't fight this feeling any morrrrrrrrrrrrre.
I've forgotten what I started fighting forrrrrrrrrr."

I hate that song.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Blushing] Um, I like Butterfly Kisses and The Christmas Shoes. Yes, I am the sap that they makes those sappy songs for . . .

They're far from the only songs that make me cry. Actually, I've discovered in the past few months something very useful. That it's possible to see (and thus drive) just fine with tears streaming down my face.

quote:
A recent example of this Satanic phenomenon is the bastardized version of "If I Were a Rich Man" which is currently polluting our airwaves. Come ON, people, this is a song meant to be sung by an aging Russian Jew struggling to provide for his wife and three daughters, not a coked-up anorexic "dancer" who dresses like a whore.
I so agree. The first time I heard this I listened in horrified fascination. Now I change stations as soon as it starts. It's just SO awful!

quote:
I LOVE the Moulin Rouge version of Roxanne.
*nod* Although the Police version not so much.

Don't Take the Girl is another one that makes me cry every time. So is Me and Emily. Actually, country music in general has a high percentage of weepers (hence my recent discovery of my ability to DWC [Wink] ).

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.