FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How long has it been Hatrack?

Author Topic: How long has it been Hatrack?
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...I don't think I have actually been on the computer in months. To make a long story short. I was hit by a car almost 2 months ago. I've been in a coma for the last month and a half and have been in bed for the last few weeks. Luckily, The only real damage that I received was a broken leg and I have a very annoying twitch in my left arm. I'm not sure what is causing that. I hope to get my life back on track now. I'll be going back to school in a week or so. But for now, I'm being tutored at home. None of my friends know that I'm even awake yet. I thought I'd surprise the when I went back to school. Good plan eh? Hopefully, I didn't miss too much on the rack. Anything major happen recently? I might not be online very often. I still have to concentrate on getting everything togehter. My mom is a complete wreck. It really doesnt seem like I've been gone that long...Anyway, I'm Back! [Smile]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I'm more than willing to share the whole story with you guys if you want...Just ask.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
O_O
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
O_O

Do tell. O_O I'm glad you're okay...

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. (Translation: Holy crap!)

Welcome back. Glad some Big_Doctors were there to take care of you. I'd be interested in the whole story, if you're counting votes or anything.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

The story will therefore be released! That is, after I eat dinner! [Evil Laugh]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Glad you're better!

And yes, please tell.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Palimpsest
Member # 6897

- posted      Profile for Palimpsest   Email Palimpsest         Edit/Delete Post 
Oy Vey.......
Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to hear the story.....

(hey - if you write it well enough, there are probably even some places that would publish it -- like Reader's Digest, etc.)

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
We should put you in touch with GreNME.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear things turned out o.k. and that you're getting better. Hopefully the twitch in your arm will go away, eventually, and all you'll be left will be bad memories. [Smile]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I had the same thought. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Two months? Wow…. I can’t imagine.
Was that before Christmas?
The Super Bowl! Fun game. Nothing interesting at half time this year.
You must have wanted to be awake and about in time for the release of “Shadow of the Giant”
Keep getting better!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused by the reference to GreNME (John, right?) Why should Lil Doc contact him?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
The same thing happened to John - he was in a horrible accident, dissapeared for a little bit, came back and told his story, and is now a mighty cyborg.

Wow, I'm glad you're alive LD. That's...that's crazy.

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
John's recovery was actually considerably more painful and traumatic, and involved quite a lot of metal being inserted into his body. He took the user name Wolverine for some time as a consequence.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
My minion! I wondered what happened to you. [Wave]

Too bad about the horrible car accident.
Best of luck on your recovery!

*bangs tin cup on monitor*
Let's hear the story!

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my! Count me as another interested in the story.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I second what everyone else has said....
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Well..after farmgirls post, I've decided that I might try adn get it published. The story I have in mind has more to do with the effects of the acident then the circumstances. This is the frist peice of writing that I have actually attempted at so It's a good thing I'm telling it to you all. [Big Grin]

Before I turnt his into a publishable peice, I'll jsut get the story out in the open. Then I'll turn it into story form, with the help of my friends here .

The story itself isnt very interesting. I won't jsut say I was hit by a car. I plan on going a lot deeper into this. This is mainly going to explain the things that went on in my head. I don't know what they accident really looked like. You'd have to ask someone who saw it. It is by no means a story that someone might tell their friends about how they got a scar.

I want to try and explain what it is like the moment before you are hit. The things that go through your mind. A lot of people say that the things they remember are blurry when they have an accident, but it isn't that way for me. I remember every thoguht that i had in at that moment.

Here goes nothing.

I saw them staring at me. Why?...Why won't they stop staring at me?...Why wont they turn? Bigger. Bigger, and bigger the eyes became. Bigger, until Where am I?

I screamed.

There are no words to explain the fear I felt in that moment. All white. The entire place was white. In front of me, sat my father. He screamed as well. What the hell is going on here? My dad called in a woman, who held me down. "Why are you holding me?" I was still at the top of my voice. What in the world just happened? I stopped struggling. I couldn't breathe. I went to sleep. I woke up in the hospital. My mom was there.

Thats all I have for now. It's a really tough thing to explain. After I told my mom she was lying, sghe had a doctor come in and tell me what happend. It took quite a few people to get me to bleieve them. Imagine you are standing one palce, and then, instantaneously, you are somewhere else. that is what they coma felt like to me. I had no sense of awake or sleep. It felt like getting hit, and waking up happened at the same moment. There was no time in between those two points in my mind. I still find it hard to believe. Sometimes I feel like its all a big joke. How could that much time go by in an instant? This last paragraph has kind of turned into my vet paragraph. I jsut dont know what is going on anymore. I missed so much. It was right before christmas. I dont remember the exact date. I woke up on February 6th, so I was still in the hospital during the superbowl. But they taped it for me. Anyway...I just have some thinking to do right now.

NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's scary. Glad you're ok.
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Glad you're okay. What have others told you about the accident?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, since I see you here -- did you get my email the other day?
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Only a few people know that I am awake, so I havent really asked them aobut it.

[ February 24, 2005, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
That's nuts. O_o I'm glad you're OK. Who hit you?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

I don't know who it was, but it was mostly my fault. I was crossing a busy street where I shouldn't have been.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever people disappear I worry about them. :/

This is a much better tale than Centurion's. I'm really relieved you're okay, LD.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes. Glad you're at least mostly okay. Take care of yourself and rest lots.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeech!

I'm glad you're recovering, little Doctor.

I'd love to read the whole story one day if you feel up to writing about it.

Take care of yourself.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!

Glad to hear you are better and continuing to recover. Glad to have you back here among us, online and real world.

Sopwith

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. O_o

Whoa. Glad you're OK there-- sound's like it could have been much worse.

So not even a car accident can break one of a Hatrack addiction, eh? [Wink] Welcome back.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
AntiCool--are you talking about the one you sent to my gmail account with the attachments? I got that, but I think I replied to it briefly. Have you sent me something else?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back. [Smile]
[Wave]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. This should go in the annals of Hatrakistory. I'm glad you're okay, Lil Doc. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon -- I sent it after those. I asked if you had recieved those attachments, and some other stuff.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
When you do get the whole event polished up, I would recommend perhaps making it a Landmark...

You survived what sounds like a horrible accident, and that deserves a Landmark if anything does... [Big Grin]

Good luck with your recovery.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]
Wow. I'm really glad you're OK. That's a lot to go through (even if you weren't awake for most of it).

(((((Little Doctor)))))

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Good heavens - hang in there and take recovery slow and easy.

(From one who knows.)

Glad you're back - this place will help the recovery blues!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

I've actually been feeling great for the last few days. I've been able to live as normally as I can get at the moment. I'm going back to school on monday. I decided to go back ealry, because I don't want to be stuck in the house for another 3 weeks. The only thing that I have to worry aobut right now is periodically feeling very weak. The school will probably arrange something I can do if that ever happens. I feel like the sooner I get back to my normal activities, I'll feel a lot better.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

Shan: Slow and Easy my foot! I'm a tough boy! Hehe. Thanks for the advice. I'll be very careful.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Eek! Reading that, I felt like I was there.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, every time I read the title, I want to say "Since about 1995."
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Welcome back. I'm glad you're doing better.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's wicked scary.

((Little_Doctor))

I'm glad you're better! Welcome back!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.