FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bands You Would Like to See Play Live

Author Topic: Bands You Would Like to See Play Live
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Some bands are really awesome live...others are horrible. Personally I would like to see 3 Doors Down live. I heard one of their live songs on the radio and it was even better thanthe original. Matchbox 20 is another good live band, I was at one of their concerts working at a concession stand, and I could hear everything...it was awesome!

So...what bands would you like to see play live?

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
U2.

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dir en grey!!!!!!!!1
But, I'd have to go to Japan somehow.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Philip Glass Ensemble.
Kronos Quartet (I saw them once! With other Hatrackers too [Smile] ).
Bang on a Can

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Tool and Muse. I always seem to be outside Ontario when they play Toronto. But one of these years, I'll see them both. Radiohead were on my list for a long time, but then I saw them (and they rocked). [Big Grin]

[ March 01, 2005, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
U2.
Alison Krauss and Union Station.

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Cowboy Mouth puts on the absolutely best live show I've ever seen, and I would love to see them again. They're not even my favorite type of music, but the bandleader works the crowd like a revival preacher. He took a bunch of people at an outdoor festival who had never heard of his band and had us eating out of his hand less than half-way through the show. Pretty much the only reason I listen to the CD now is to remember the live show. [Smile]

[ March 01, 2005, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I have to second that about Cowboy Mouth. They are absolutely brilliant live. I've seen them twice and both times I left the show wanting more.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Tool, The Weakerthans, The Mars Volta
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it have to be a band that still plays? Because I would probably pick Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd(original members), and Blind Melon. Right now, the only bands I have any interest in seeing, are Aerosmith, and AC/DC.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
A pop star.

Actually singing live.

So I can laugh.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

Wow. How do you figure that every single pop star can't sing?
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
The Faint
Beach Boys (Circa 1966)
James (but i never will)
Tom Waits
Faith No More
Refused
At The Drive In
The Mars Volta
Open Hand

and many many more. sadly, several of those bands are no longer available for me to see.

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Beach Boys (Circa 1966)
So true. So very very true.

Also early Beatles. That would be awesome.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

That would be cool, but if I had that power, I'd use it for much more than entertainment.

*schemes*

skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Dream Theater
Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'd like to see Dave Brubeck live.

If we're listing bands from the past, I think seeing the Blues Brothers would be fun.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You can see Brubeck live, usually for about 30 bucks for an hour.

All the bands I love the most I do see live, pretty much, at this point.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Brubeck has come to the Monterey Jazz Festival several times, but I never actually go into the stadium to see the headliners when I go. I just stick to the small stages that don't cost extra.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
Operation Ivy (circa 1988)
Bright Eyes
Arcade Fire

Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
It costs extra?! Ouch! How much is a ticket for the festival?
In general, music fests are a great bang for your music buck, but paying extra once you're in seems wrong. the sets are usually shprter as well, so if you are going to a music festival to see one band, you might be disappointed.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Grounds tickets are about $30 or so, I think. I haven't been in a while. For that you get access to all the vendors and about 5 or 6 small, walk-up stages. I don't know how much the arena tickets are; I've never gotten them. Actually, the big names often do play the grounds stages, I just haven't ever caught any of Brubeck's performances.

I've only been to the Jazz Festival once or twice. I'm more of a blues person, and the Monterye Blues Festival is also great. In that one, though, the grounds stages tend to have smaller or local bands, with most or all of the big names in the arena. I prefer the small stages, though. Much more intimate.

theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
True, Anti-Cool, some did get their jobs because of their voice, so I'll amend my statement. Pop Stars with heartburn, so I can laugh.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Alison Krauss and Union Station.
Yes, me too.

Also, Iris DeMent. I've seen most of the others I'd really like to see live.

Oooh, forgot Paul Simon.

[ March 01, 2005, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Reel Big Fish, Pat McCurdy, Blue Man Group and Green Day
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
U2
Robbie Williams
Sting (not the current Sting though...)
Bon Jovi (same as above)

Dido & Alanis Morissette don't count since I've already seen them. Just hope they keep up the good art! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Operation Ivy (circa 1988)
I was under the impression that about '88 was the only time they were around. They only released one CD, right?

Anyway, I would love to see:
Operation Ivy
Bright Eyes
Everclear (mid to late 90's)
Barenaked Ladies
Beastie Boys (circa '86-'89)
Caroline's Spine
Queen
Three Dog Night
Modest Mouse

And I'm thinking Green Day, Third Eye Blind, Dido, Jack Johnson, and Elliott Smith (and Heatmiser) just 'cause I really dig their music. I don't know what they'd be like live, though.

[ March 01, 2005, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Da_Goat ]

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Enter the Haggis and Great Big Sea, both. Again.

Also, Santana, the Guess Who, and Loreena McKennitt.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Lynryd Skynryd

The Who

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
<----- Has seen U2 live. [Cool] And yes, it's even better that the real thing.

I also saw Barenaked Ladies who are even more phenomenal in concert than I had expected, and I expected a lot. The days of Kraft dinner are over, though, much to my sadness.

If we're entertaining some wishful thinking here, I'll vote for The Police. Geez, wouldn't that be amazing?

And Zebda! I totally want to see Zebda.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
His Savageness
Member # 7428

- posted      Profile for His Savageness   Email His Savageness         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was under the impression that about '88 was the only time they were around. They only released one CD, right?
Yeah, that's why it would pretty much have to be circa '88.

Speaking of seeing Modest Mouse, my wife and I are probably going to see them this weekend.

Posts: 194 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.