FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ouch week

Author Topic: Ouch week
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
This week is just getting worse and worse. I've had one midterm each day, and for the first two think I did worse than I had hoped.

Today I had a midterm at nine, so I had to get up at seven thirty or so cause I ride my bike to school(7 is way early for me, 11 is about when I usually get up). So I was way tired on the ride up to school, I started planning for a nap after this midterm. I took the midterm and I think I did pretty well, and this was the midterm I was worried about most, so I was happy. [Smile]

So after I was done I was thinking about my nap. Yeah, I'll go home now(at 10:00) and sleep for a couple of hours before my class at 3. I thought this was turning into a good day.

So on my way home I'm thinking about how my brakes aren't working too well. I started thinking about how I was probably gonna get hit by a car one of these days, and sure enough, that day happened to be today. I didn't get hit too hard, just enough to get thrown off my bike pretty good. I'm a little banged up now, and my bike is bent a bit and pretty much unridable.

And now I can't get to sleep. [Grumble]

At least there's no midterms tomorrow.

Meh.

Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I'm sorry to hear about your yucky week. I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt.

Is the person that hit you at least paying to get your bike fixed (since they've now ruined your only mode of transportation)?

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the bike wasn't doing too well before it got smashed up, and I wasn't hurt so I waved for the driver to go. He waited and rolled down his window and made sure I was allright. I just let him go.

I probably could've prevented the accident had I gotten my brakes fixed earlier. And I do have a car, so it's not like I can't get around now, I only ride my bike to school cause a parking spot is like $300 a semester.

Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
What is it with people getting hit by cars! Its an epidemic! [Angst] I just posted on-so I finally got hit by a car today-its starting to be scary.
Glad your ok.

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.