FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm Building a Wall

Author Topic: I'm Building a Wall
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
and I'm going to get to drive one of these this weekend.

OK, so it's not like it's a real bull dozer or front end loader, but it's still construction equipment. Just smaller.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You are a true blue civil. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I've driven one of those before! It's fun!

But it takes a bit to get the coordination down if you've never done it before. Allow yourself a decent learning curve. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Bah, you're but a woman. I'm a man. I'm born to drive construction equipment. [Razz]

Hobbes, it's pretty cool. I actually get to build something in my backyard that I always design for others.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

zgator, I sincerely hope that you knock over your garage backing it off the trailer. [Big Grin]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
Was anyone else expecting a Pink Floyd thread?
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Eljay, I predict he will get lost looking for his backyard and waste the entirety of his rental period looking for it, refusing to ask for directions. [Wink]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

Apparently, I should not have come back to look at this thread. [Grumble]

I ordered my dirt today. I've decided that being a soils engineer is a curse sometimes. My conversation with the landscape company:

Me : Is the dirt clean and well-draining?

Them : Huh?

Me : Have all the twigs, roots, etc. been screened out of it?

Them : I don't know. It's dirt.

Me : Is it well-draining?

Them : It's dirt.

It's like telling a wine connisseur that your favorite wine is red.

And Eljay, the Bobcat I'm renting is barely big enough to knock over a sprinkler head, much less the garage.

Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.- Pink Floyd.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
cool. the only thing I've ever driven was a golf car. and my mom's car at a Kohl's prking lot for like 15 mins....
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Well then what fun is that?

[Wink]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend whose husband bought a Bobcat on e-bay for $4,000. Had to fix a couple of hydraulic lines and it was good to go. He used it this winter to clear snow. How fun is that!!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.