FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » (Music Stuff) The Radio

Author Topic: (Music Stuff) The Radio
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
So I absolutely love this song called "8th World Wonder" but I don't know who sings it. I know her initials are K.L. because the radio announcer liked to call her Klo... like Jlo..

There is one song that Josh G. sings that I actually like. His other songs are OK but theres one that if it comes on the radio I stay.. and thats "Remember when it rained".
(Sorry I forgot his last name..but I'm sure most of you know who I'm talking about)

Anyone else ran into songs that if you are listening to the radio and you are switching through stations and you absolutely stop when one of those songs come on?

[ March 03, 2005, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: unicornwhisperer ]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Kimberley Locke, from her album "One Love."

Link

[ March 03, 2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Chris.

I also was wondering... Has anyone won anything from a Radio station and what?

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite station in Bozeman has a contest every day called "My Three Songs." They play three songs and you call in as soon as you know what they all had in common. It's typically pretty tricky, but I was relentless and won three separate times. Once, I got theater tickets (very cool!), once I got free dinner, and once I got a tshirt.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, also I won a contest in Missoula where the DJ read out 5 clues about a new artist. They started out really obscure, but I had just been watching pop-up video and when the first clue was "this singer comes from a Portuguese family" I knew it was Nelly Furtado. The DJ was dumbfounded when I called in and said "Wow - you're right, but I'm going to read the other questions still so everyone else can hear them.

I think I got free sandwiches for that one.

My friend MaryAnne won a trip to Maui, though, which is cooler.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billy Joel
Member # 5357

- posted      Profile for Billy Joel           Edit/Delete Post 
My mom won 20 bucks once, because some guy called her and told her that if she called the radio station, she would win. Thats all I know about it, so I'm sure there is other info.
Posts: 116 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
My parents won a trip to Switzerland and a fur coat off of the radio once.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
There used to be someone who lived down the street from us who ran a radio station, so we would always get the stuff that nobody came by and picked up. Once we got 4th row Blue Jays tickets 3 hours before the game started!
Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

I won some cool computer speakers and free tickets (that they never sent me.. but I would'nt have gone on a Sunday anyway) to some Children's Band.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid, I'd call into the local kid's radio station every so often. Once I won tickets to see a sneak showing of Jumanji. They also gave me a book because I was sick when they were handing out the tickets. (It was the novelization of the Baby-sitters Club movie)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I won an X-Men mug for identifying a movie I had never (and still haven't) seen. I also won Mighty Ducks 3 (It had just come out.), but I already owned it, so they let me pick something else. The mug is my coffee mug at work. [Smile]
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.