FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Computer Upgrading

Author Topic: Computer Upgrading
Kraid
Member # 6302

- posted      Profile for Kraid   Email Kraid         Edit/Delete Post 
Where can you get upgrades for Dell computers?
What stores provide services for Dells?

Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
From the Dell site:
quote:
Dell was founded in 1984 by Michael Dell, the computer industry's longest-tenured chief executive officer, on a simple concept: that by selling computer systems directly to customers, Dell could best understand their needs and efficiently provide the most effective computing solutions to meet those needs. This direct business model eliminates retailers that add unnecessary time and cost, or can diminish Dell's understanding of customer expectations. The direct model allows the company to build every system to order and offer customers powerful, richly-configured systems at competitive prices. Dell also introduces the latest relevant technology much more quickly than companies with slow-moving, indirect distribution channels, turning over inventory every four days on average.
There are no stores that sell Dells.

There are probably local places that are warranty services providers, however. This page can probably help you with that and your upgrade information.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
There are Dell Stores though. And it depends on what you are looking for too. Do you need more memory? Bigger hard drive? A new add on toy? Lots of this you can get from Wal-Mart or some office store
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kraid
Member # 6302

I'm looking to upgrade my video card. I want to know if there's a place that will do the installation for me because I have a laptop and don't want to ruin it. I was wondering what stores do dell installations because I know that compusa doesn't service dells.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh, apparently you're correct! Jay! We don't have these Dell Direct stores around here, and it took me awhile to find reference to them.

Hopefully, they are in an area near enough to help Kraid.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Which laptop, out of curiousity?
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kraid
Member # 6302

too bad I'm not going to vegas soon because that's about where the closest store is to me
Jay
Member # 5786

Most places work with most laptops. Even if they’re under warranty they can work with the company to get what you want done. You might try to look under computer repair in your yellow pages for some service places. Not that you need repairs, but they generally do that sort of thing too.
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kraid
Member # 6302

Inspiron 600m
Jay
Member # 5786

What all did you get with it? Like CPU, memory, and video card.
Is your goal for it to be better able to play games?

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
To my knowledge, the Radeon in the 600M is an onboard chip, and not upgradeable.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kraid
Member # 6302

that sucks
Kraid
Member # 6302

Is there anything I can do to make gaming more... better?
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
New computer [Smile]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Memory is one of the easiest and best things you can do to make any application work better. How much ya got?
Kraid
Member # 6302

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.