FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Icarus is a mayfly (note the wings)

Author Topic: Icarus is a mayfly (note the wings)
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get my e-mail?

[ March 07, 2005, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this a mayfly thread? If so, you really should mention that in the topic, so nobody posts something in it they wouldn't want deleted. [Wink]

Yes, I just got it this morning. I'll call the dressmaker today for a status report.

[Smile]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Anyone who can't figure out the mayfly potential of this one gets no sympathy from me.

What about the tux card? (The menswear guy called me to rat on everyone who hasn't sent theirs back yet.)

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Since this is a mayfly, thread, I'm going to confess my undying and eternal love for Ralphie . . .

Perkins, who saved my life from man-mauling white tigers, back when I was a Hell's Angel in Borneo.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Aw. I wanted a mayfly with my name in it! [Cry]

I don't recall a card, but I'll ask Cor about it. I was going to go get fitted this week, since you guys told me early March.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Perkins, who saved my life from man-mauling white tigers, back when I was a Hell's Angel in Borneo.
[Eek!]

Whoa. Dude.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

*eeep*

If you don't have the card, let me know and I'll priority-mail another one.

Icarus
Member # 3162

And what's with the exclamation point? "Icarus!" looks like the title of an ego thread, but this is not one. Are you snapping at me? That would be my second guess.

[Wink]

dkw
Member # 3264

Actually, it was excitement to see you posting right when I needed to talk to you.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Ah. Okay, that's a likely story.

[Smile]

Megan
Member # 5290

heehee...Icarus...wings...

I wonder if it's a wax mayfly.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Psst. Icky, someone is going around cleverly disguised as you on the mustard appreciation thread.

I thought you should know. [Razz]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

O_O
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*puts out bug zapper* [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually a man. A big, hairy, sweaty man.

PS: And I'm stalking Scott R.

[Evil]

[ March 07, 2005, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

RALPHIE PERKINS???!!!

Been a coon's age, young!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

CT:

[Eek!]

Whoa. Dude.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

*belches, grabs Scott R in a bear hug, and gives him a big ol' noogie

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

You rat!

I thought you'd gone and eloped with. . . uh, what was that midwestern bit's name? Donna? RaeShawna?

Something like that. Whatever happened to her? Did she get her teeth fixed?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Why, I have as yet to be blessed with the holy union of matrimony.

[Edited for innocence.]

[Smile]

[ March 08, 2005, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Megan
Member # 5290

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

WHOA! Dude!!

CT, that's...that's... [No No]

Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
Since we already have a thread for Iccy...

Are we gonna hang out while I'm in Orlando (Oviedo, really, from the 14th-19th of this month), Pepe?

I tried and failed to get Stormy out of seclusion, but you still up for some Jai Alai?

Anyone else?

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Since this will get deleted anyway...

*streaks through thread*
[Evil]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Mister CT, would you like to explain your preference for toothless women to the group?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, you have surprisingly svelt, hairless feet for a big hairy dude.

Elizabeth, I assume that CT, the big, hairy, sweaty guy likes toothless women for their gumption.

[ March 07, 2005, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure that's it, Punwit.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
*decides to copy Eruve Nandriel*

*starts removing clothing*

*sees the crowd hanging around*

*freaks out and runs screaming*

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Re: editing
I, er, didn't realize the punchline to that "joke" until I googled it. Suffice it to say that many of my older brother's friends' quips sailed right over my head. [Blushing]
quote:
CT, you have surprisingly svelt, hairless feet for a big hairy dude.
Darn! I forgot about the henna shots.

Um, even us big, hairy, sweaty men like to feel pretty and feminine every now and then. [Smile]

[ March 08, 2005, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Scott R
Member # 567

Um. . . no we don't.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Speak for yourself, lassie.

*drinks straight out of milk carton, grunting happily

Icarus
Member # 3162

Frisco, that sounds like fun. That's Monday to Saturday, right? Jai-Alai Friday or Saturday?

I would have been jealous if you'd had better luck with Stormy than the rest of us have had, but maybe we can coax Zan or Rakeesh to come. er, with us. er, to the Jai Alai.

It might be fun to do something else as well, if we can work it in around my work week and rehearsals. [Dont Know]

Scott R
Member # 567

Ralphie, I have nothing to say to that.
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

- posted      Profile for Mean Old Frisco   Email Mean Old Frisco         Edit/Delete Post 
Friday's better for me. Saturday night I'm going to Universal for Mari Gras and a concert.

Not quite sure what my schedule is for the rest of the week. I'm sure it incldes a lot of loafing and bumming around the beach.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe you went and exposed my whole name to everyone on the interweb like that, Scott.

The eternal love thing was predictable, tho.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing. Scott now responds to Ralphie's posts before she posts them.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
We leave on vacation early Friday morning, so I'm out for jai-alai. Maybe earlier in the week for something though.

Frisco, up til about 6 months ago, I lived in the Oviedo area.

Icarus, the reason I sounded weird when you called about jai-alai the other night was because you were not who I had been expecting all day to call. It took a second to figure out it wasn't that person.

[ March 08, 2005, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

No problem. [Smile] I'm sorry I couldn't ask you with more notice, but that was pretty much the moment we decided on it.

(Are you a baseball fan? Which team do you like?)

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
This mayfly has apparently hatched a new brood.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mean Old Frisco
Member # 6666

I'm definitely up for a baseball game. Who else plays in Orlando, besides Atlanta?

[edit: nm. answered my own question ]

[ March 08, 2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Mean Old Frisco ]

dkw
Member # 3264

So? Should I be sending you a new tux card?
Scott R
Member # 567

quote:

I can't believe you went and exposed my whole name to everyone on the interweb like that, Scott.

The eternal love thing was predictable, tho.

Sorry, missy. THAT'S the Ralphie Perkins I was talking to-- the one with the beard.

And while you could use a good laser treatment, I don't think that your whiskers will ever reach Odinesque proportions.

[Big Grin]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
we can coax Zan or Rakeesh to come. er, with us. er, to the Jai Alai.

It might be fun to do something else as well

Well, sounds like you three will be quite...busy.....

Have fun storming the castle!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
What ever happened to you moving down here, Kwea?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

The tux guy just called me again.

I'm sending you another card, priority mail, this afternoon.

Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sorry, missy. THAT'S the Ralphie Perkins I was talking to-- the one with the beard.

And while you could use a good laser treatment, I don't think that your whiskers will ever reach Odinesque proportions.

[Big Grin]

There could be more than one.

I'm the one without the beard but with your eternal love. This other Perkins chap is just a screen.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread makes no sense.

*my head a splode*

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie Perkins
Member # 7487

- posted      Profile for Ralphie Perkins           Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad]

I'll get you, Other-Ralphie. An yer scaggly varmint, too!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

(I'm a nickhead. I'm so ashamed. *hangs head

You never think it will happen to you.)

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't you glad I got you to take back that promise? [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

ElJay, you have made of me a wanton and shameless woman.

yeah, I guess I'm pretty happy about it. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.