FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Flowers for Brian Benjamin (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Flowers for Brian Benjamin
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
As most of you know, dpr lost a child last week. Brian's memorial is scheduled for the 19th. We are much like a family here, and one of our family members is hurting terribly. Though we can't take away drp's pain (or the pain the rest of her family is feeling) I think sending a floral arrangement for Brian's memorial would allow us in some small way to be there for dpr and her husband and older children on that difficult day.

So, can someone with a paypal account please set up a fund for Brian's flowers? I have no clue how to do that. Once all donations are in, we can call a florist in the area to order an arrangement. If you're willing to set up a paypal account or make a donation, please speak up.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to upgrade my PayPal account to be able to receive payments, but I am willing to do that. If someone else is already set up for it, though, I will defer to them.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
We can do it through our account if no one else wants to take this on.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be at WenchCon through the 13th, but my Paypal account is already set up to recieve payments (since I just did Hobbes and Annie). I'm perfectly willing to channel money to someone, as long as no one minds not getting a response until Sunday or Monday.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Boon, since you offered first it looks like it's you. [Smile] If you'd like to put up your paypal info. that would be most excellent.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in. While I wasn't planning on taking money I do have Paypal. And, I have a 20% discount on flowers through Teleflora because I'm a USAA member. I'd also reccommend looking at Sam's Club and Costco, both of which will ship flower arrangments.

Flower arrangements in this day and age are getting pricey, and while it is the thought that counts, being economical always makes sense.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Okay, send donations to me at boondocker at olp.net

How long will it take between ordering and delivery? We need a cutoff time/date for donations so we'll know how much we have and what to get, right?

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Boon collect donations and then confer with OJ for the discount?

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

That's what I was thinking...and make sure you put in the optional message what the money's for...otherwise my husband won't be able to figure it out and it'll drive him nuts. [Big Grin]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
It is often cheaper to call a florist in the town directly. If they'll be doing other flowers for the service you can add on to that order and avoid some fees.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

:bump:

Too important to let this drift..

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent her something already.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a wonderful, thoughtful idea. I would donate if we had paypal. Sorry. Thanks to those of you who are able to do this.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
When's the deadline? 'Cause we can't do it right this second, but will be able to this weekend, but I'll be at WenchCon. But if there's a deadline, I can tell my husband, and he can do it.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

I'm unofficially setting the deadline for midnight of the 17th. Then I can add things up and place an order on the 18th, to be delivered on or before the morning of the 19th. Sound right to everybody?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Sounds good. I won't freak about this weekend, then.
Boon
unregistered

One last bump, before I go to bed tonight. I've been asked via email if snail mail donations are acceptable. Yes, they are, but they'd have to be here by the deadline. Send me an address request if you need it. Thanks!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Opera, thank you for suggesting this.

Boon, thanks for coordinating. [Smile] And cool postcount! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Boon
unregistered

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Boon
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

You're very welcome. I have the time. [Smile] I just wish nobody needed to do this. [Frown]
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Boon - check's off and away.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

I'll keep an eye out for it.

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for taking on this responsibility.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Is is ok if I send a couple of dollars cash through the mail? I can only afford to send a little bit. I know you are not supposed to send cash through the mail, but I do not have a checking account and it isn't such a tragic thing if a few dollars get "lost" in the mail.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Sure. I sent you my smail mail address to the email address in your profile.
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
You people are wonderful. This is such a touching thing to do.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*bump*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

We care about you.

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's away. Thanks Boon and Space Opera.

(((romany family)))

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Boon
unregistered

Boon
unregistered

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Boon
unregistered

I plan to "sign" the card "From your Hatrack Family." Any objections? No? Good.
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
paypalling some money to you today as soon as I recover my password...

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
what a thoughtful idea, I now know why I like this place so much.
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
In the Mail!!
Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*bump*
Boon
unregistered

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
thanks, Boon, for the update -

*bump*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot send any money, so I send my condolences. I feel really bad that this happened.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.