FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So painful to watch, and yet...

Author Topic: So painful to watch, and yet...
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I have become a HUGE fan of The Office . It is the most uncomfortable show I have ever seen. It is truly painful to watch, and yet I want to see more.

Is anyone else a fan? If not, I highly suggest you look into this BBC show. Think Spinal Tap meets Office Space.

I never thought a show so uncomfortable to watch could be so funny and addicting. Too bad there are only two seasons and a follow-up documentary. I have seen everything except part two of the follow-up documentary. I feel like I am at the end of a really good book with no sequel in sight. [Cry]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the first season, and wondered what I was thinking until the stapler in the "jelly" part. Then I was hooked. And I am so pumped for Martin Freeman to play Arthur Dent. I am not so optimistic about the American version, though.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

I just read on the Office's home page that he was playing Arthur Dent. What a perfect choice!

[ March 09, 2005, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: lem ]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaz_King
Member # 3184

- posted      Profile for Chaz_King   Email Chaz_King         Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen commercials saying that The Office was going to be a new comedy on NBC(or one of those major networks)... and the actors I saw in the ad didn't have an english accent, so I am not sure if we decided to rip off another british show or what but it sure seems like it
Posts: 232 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

I was just reading up on that. I can't find the site I was reading, but the creator of The Office said he thinks the American Version has a chance of aking it. I think he is involved.
lem
Member # 6914

Found it!!
quote:
I love The Office! All this talk of doing it (the show, I mean) here in America has me a little perturbed. Aren't you afraid we're going to ruin it like we do everything else?
asked Courtney of Chicago, IL USA

Ricky and Steve: Many of our influences are American - Larry Sanders, Spinal Tap - so there’s no reason why an American version can’t be great. We went to a read-through with the new cast and we were very excited.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.