FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Raspberry Altoids

Author Topic: Raspberry Altoids
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!

Just a little sour, and yummy.

[Cool]

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Wow, that was weird Dana. As I sit here, I'm snarfing down my tin of tangerine altoids!!!

I'll have to try raspberry now. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
If you remove them from the tin first, they taste even better. :nyuk nyuk nyuk:
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had tangerine, and they're good, but raspberry are just . . . WOW!
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*nyuk nyuk* indeed mothertree. [Smile]

Actually, mine's more like a *SNORT!*

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
They make raspberry ones?! I must find some to try. Thus far, my favorite flavor is cinnamon, but raspberry may give it a run for its money....
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
People! DO NOT SNORT ALTOIDS!!! [Eek!]
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
The raspberry ones made me gag. But the tangerine ones are very good.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a ginger Altoid once and it was disgusting. I think I'll stick with good old wintergreen.
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
i also feel it my duty to point out that the rasberry ones are not for everyone. if my daughter didn't decide that she liked them, i felt i was going to have to compel myself to finish the tin.

aren't kids great!

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
People! DO NOT SNORT ALTOIDS!!!
There's a funny story behind that, but I refuse to tell it.

You guys have to try the licorice ones. They're the best, whether you like licorice or not.

Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree that the Raspberry are definitely my favorite non-mint like Altoids candy. They are soooo tasty.

And my favorite of the mint-types is the licorice.

But for me, the best thing I've found with the name Altoid is the sugar free Sour Cherry and Sour Apple gum. WOW! This gum is tart and sweet and literally seems to explode in your mouth.

We found the sour gum and the Raspberry Altoids in Target Friday night. What a treat!

BTW, does anyone know what one should call the mint-like Altoids vs the Raspberry and Tangerine style Altoids?

[ March 13, 2005, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: LadyDove ]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.