FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Have Cancer- Time for massive surgery (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I Have Cancer- Time for massive surgery
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry to hear this sad news, nfl! [Frown] [Frown]

I will pray for you. ((Shmuel))

Get better. [Wave]

Alan

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who recently licked Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He's my age, 27.

I hope your treatment and experience go as successfully.

[ March 15, 2005, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that you are sick! You're amazingly brave about this. Beat the cancer to the ground, nfl! [Mad]
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
OMFG!
[Frown]

(((newfoundlogic)))

[Group Hug]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
(((newfoundlogic))) You're in my thoughts and prayers. I can't express anything more heartfelt than what's already been said, but know that you're important to our community and we're here for you. [Group Hug]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((NFL)))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((newfoundlogic))))
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~nfl~~~

[Frown]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you well, newfoundlogic.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of positive vibes heading your way, NFL. Staying positive is a great way to begin.

(((NFL)))

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
(((newfoundlogic))) Our prayers are definately with you during this very difficult trial. I am sad that it took the so long to realize what the problem is, and get you a definate answer and some relief from the pain.

Keep a positive attitude and know that we are all pulling for you.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Cancer is a beatable disease. I'm sure you'll be fine. Try to keep your spirits up, and avoid the temptation to fall into self-pity. Good luck.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll be in my thoughts ((((nfl)))
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugs and prayers for you, nfl.
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Cancer sucks.

Get better soon, dork. [Smile]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

Also, not that you don't already have a lot to think about, but you might want to consider banking your reproductive future, so to speak. Chemo affects people differently, and there are no guarantees.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Eep! Whomp that sucker!!
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll do this. I'm so sorry you have to go through it. *hugs*
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
((nfl)) *wishes for the umpteenth time that words could fix something like this* You'll be in my prayers.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd give you my left pinky if it would help!

(((nfl))) [Frown]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do not reject cards and letters. There is an initial surge, then people go about their business. I would love to have your address. The cards and letters I got from Hatrack were so touching, and definitely gave me a much needed boost in a dark time.

I'm just not a cards and letters type of guy I guess. Believe my, I'more than touched by the messages here. [Smile]

quote:
It does not take the pain away. It merely makes it so you do not give a rat's behind.
Actually that's not quite what I was thinking. For me at least it dulls the pain, but it does take at least fifteen minutes while on TV you always see an immediate sigh of relief on the face of the morphine recipient. Of course I imagine I'm getting a much smaller dose, but its still a major disappointment. [Wink]

quote:
Even if you do go to FSU
Actually I'm probably not going to be going to FSU anymore. My parents are really pressuring me to transfer down to UM and while I maintain my own freedom of action, their willingness to pay the absurd tuition does tell me quite a bit about their urgency. I'm still not sure what I want to do, so we'll see about that decision later.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
For me at least it dulls the pain, but it does take at least fifteen minutes while on TV you always see an immediate sigh of relief on the face of the morphine recipient. Of course I imagine I'm getting a much smaller dose, but its still a major disappointment.
You need Danzig to come and be your personal pharmacologist.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel so sorry for you. I hope you can fight it and eventually overcome it. I'll pray for you, newfoundlogic.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
*stunned silence*
*recovers power of speech* NFL, I have to admire your attitude to this. I hope you win this battle - your inner strength will be a huge asset to you. In so far as I pray (which isn't much these days, sadly), you are in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((newfoundlogic))))) [Frown]

A friend of mine found out she had cancer in middle school, and they gave her less than a 50-50 chance of surviving. She made it through all the treatments and everything, and now she's just fine. She made it because she had determination, and she still does. She can keep up with everyone, and does things that you wouldn't think possible for someone with a prosthetic leg.

I think you have the determination to beat this cancer, and I'm rooting for you. [Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
All our best wishes for a speedy recovery, nfl.

How long will you be at Jackson and are you up to having visitors? Jackson is 15 minutes from our house.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

When I was 14 I was diagnosed with non-hodgkins Burketts lymphoma, a rare, usually fatal cancer. I had a tumor the size of a softball in one my abdominal lymph nodes, and because it took the various medical teams two months to diagnose me, it was very far along. The odds were against me from the beginning. My parents were essentially told that they should think about funeral plans because I has less than a 20% chance. All that tells me is that percentages don't mean anything. Do your best, try your hardest, and at the end of the day, I hope you're still with us.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first met one of my best friends he told me he had terminal melanoma and would be dead within the year.

It's 6 years later and he's still alive with his family. He's coming up on his magic 5th Year of freedom from cancer.

He never gave up. He never stopped fighting. He tried experimental treatment after experimental treatment and he lived.

We'd hate to lose you, NFL. Do whatever it takes.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
(((nfl)))

I'm so sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad to see you're revved up to fight the good fight. I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myr
Member # 5956

- posted      Profile for Myr   Email Myr         Edit/Delete Post 
Cancer is teh suck. Lots of hugs and well wishes. Keep your spirits up, though you seem to be doing a great job of that! We're proud of you [Smile]
Posts: 105 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm praying for your whole recovery, and for peace of mind for your whole family.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, man.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
No cards for you, nfl, I promise!
(I feel the same way about flower arrangements.)(They give me the whim whams.)

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Take care, nfl, and good luck.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
(((NFL))
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
My grandma had 'non-treatable, non-operable' cancer three times. She prayed it treatable and operable three times. She is also a 'tough little sob'. *grin*

Prayer works.

I'm adding you to my prayers tonight.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwea and I are thinking of you and your family and sending prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery, happy thoughts for when you need them the most, and a really silly smiley face just on general principle. [Taunt] ( <- meet general principle!)
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so confused. i lament me for ridicul heart story and you...

I can't do nothing for you but i go burning you an incense stick of Protection for you. It's nothing but i hope it protect you.

My supporting is for you. [Group Hug]

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be thinking of you. (((nfl)))

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
After two weeks I'm finally out of the hospital. I finished my first round of chemo on Monday, but vomitting kept me in awhile longer than I would have liked. I get to stay home as long as I don't get a fever so hurray for temperature below 100.8. So far I still have my hair.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have definately been wondering about you and praying for you. Thank you for letting us know the update.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been wondering about you, nfl. The other debaters here are just punters compared to you. When you feel better, I have refuted all your arguments in the robot soldier thread, and other threads.
I jotted them down in the margins of a number theory textbook, if only I could find it... [Wink]

Get better!!

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to rain on your parade, but my dad had radiation therapy very recently and didn't lose his hair until a little while after it was over. So you *may* find you lose some of it after a bit. Or you may not (not having lost it yet is, after all, a good sign, especially since you were having chemo and not radiotherapy). Hurrah for being home, though, that's very good.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to hear from you, nfl. Sorry about the nausea - that sucks. Not surprising, but still.

I hope it all goes well for you.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that your OK. Keep us updated. You'll be in my thoughts. [Smile]

[ March 25, 2005, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DocCoyote
Member # 5612

- posted      Profile for DocCoyote   Email DocCoyote         Edit/Delete Post 
NFL, I'm cheering for you from across the country.

Try to stay focused and positive, which I know is decidedly difficult when you can't stop throwing up. [Eek!]

Posts: 230 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You're in my thoughts.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep up the strength and good attitude, buddy. We're pullin' for you over here. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear from ya man. [Smile]

Do you have any free time at all? What do you do to occupy yourself?

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Hang in there. I don't deal with nausea well. I hope coping with it gets better.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.