FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Florida Clump, Friday Jai Alai?

Author Topic: Florida Clump, Friday Jai Alai?
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes? We have a date, Iccy?

Zan, Rakeesh? Others? Storm(haha)?

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I plan to be there.

Mango and Banana are sick, so everything is tentative, but as of now I plan to be there.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
one thing I should mention right away, seeing as you seem to never work. Being my housewife would be a full-time job, Frisco, don't count on more than 2 months of vacation per year. And at least a third of it would have to be spent with me.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be skiing down the slopes of Winter Park, CO that day.

Actually, I'll be flying on a plane to go skiing down the slopes of Winter Park, CO that day, but it doesn't sound as good.

Have fun guys and remember Joe's advice. Always bet on the guy with the most vowels in his name.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
What's Jai Alai, anyway? *curious, but too lazy to google
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It's Cuban for "party time!".
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to post a link, but the board is broken....seriously, it is. I hit the URL button, as I always do, but it keeps printing like this:

[url= http://www.fla-gaming.com/index.html#Jai-Alai-World's%20Fastest%20Game]THIS....[/url]

[ March 15, 2005, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
As I thought until I was about thirty or so, Jai Alai and Fronton are two towns that are in many states, and often right next to each other.

Signs on the highway always say:

Jai Alai
Fronton

(Fronton is the place where the game is played.)

Well, I really did think they were two towns. I though this for way too long. but there you have it.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I dunno, Kwea. Works fine for me. [Dont Know]

[Taunt]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
<is jealous>

I love Jai Alai. I was so sad when they closed the CT one down.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

They did?

[Frown]

The CT one was legendary around here, in a "Northernmost Jai-Alai" kind of way. A LOT of people like to bring it up in conversation (at the Jai-Alai fronton, that is).

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I am also jealous. [Frown]

Why do I live too far south to just hop in the car and hang out with you guys? [Grumble]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, like 5 years ago. It was a sad time. Well, at least until I turned 21 and had other gambling avenues open to me. [Smile]

[ March 15, 2005, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Ela, you just finally got rid of me. Are you a masochist? [Razz]

Iccy, sounds good. I have no idea where I'm going or how I'm getting there. Gimme a call if and when you're sure you can go, and we'll figure things out.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Sure. I'll also call you if I have any other free time. I have rehearsal on Wednesday (if we were farther along, I'd invite you to watch if you wanted to, but we're still just at blocking) and one night this weekend I have to go watch our school's production of Little Shop of Horrors. This afternoon I need to take the girls to the doctor. Crud, that reminds me I forgot to make an appointment. >_<
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Ela, you just finally got rid of me. Are you a masochist?
Guess so. [Wink]

Plus, I'd like to see Icky and other central Florida clumpers who might be able to attend. [Smile]

I'm still mad that he and Cor came to south Florida and we just couldn't figure out a way to work out getting together (nobody's fault, just bad timing). [Grumble]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Hey, um, Eddie . . . you didn't happen to hang up on my father today, did you?
Frisco
Member # 3765

Heh. No, nobody's called me today.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay. My father's at my house taking care of Mango, who is sick, and somebody called and asked for Joe. When he said "No. This is Joe's father," whoever it was hung up.

Weird.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
what part of FL is this?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Greater Orlando

(The Jai-Alai is actually in Maitland, which I think is ever-so-slightly closer to you, right?)

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Dont Know] Never heard of Maitland
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Frisco, did you see this message from Icky?
Icarus
Member # 3162

Mango seems better, so looks like we will get together, albeit a little later than post time.

Chris or anybody else, if you feel like joining us, just make your own way there (since I'm not going to hang out by the computer to see who can join us). Chris, if you still have my cell phone number, feel free to call me.

Frisco
Member # 3765

Leaving now, and will be there in fifteen.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.