FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Squick? Squick! MrSquicky!!

Author Topic: Squick? Squick! MrSquicky!!
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had to tell you about Strider and I at the Philly signing.

Cause we were really upset that we didn't get to meet any new Hatrackers (except OSC and Kristine, of course) and we were both keeping ourselves sane by being positive that you were going to show up.

Of course, neither of us know what you look like, age, enthnicity, or nothing. So we amused ourselves by periodically shouting "Squick! Squicky!" into the crowd.

We got plenty of odd looks and a nice wide berth of about two feet between us and surrounding fans.

I hope you're happy.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Were you in a bookshop? You should have got the store to page "Mr. Squicky".
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately it was the Free Library of Philadelphia, and such places frown on loud announcement-type noises. [Smile]
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Darn. That would have been quite amusing.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I do this at random times, with a variety of Hatrackers.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Does Dan still get ticked off when you do it in bed?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess he would if she yelled "Squicky!"
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does Dan still get ticked off when you do it in bed?
I actually don't have a response to that.

(Yes I do - I've just renamed all of you "Dan". Hope you don't mind.)

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was actually stuck in bed all day with what felt like a fire tipped drill boring into my ear hole. Well...not really, but it did hurt a bit and I wasn't going anywhere on Saturday. It's possible there were some people in the crowd who would know it was me you were taking about though. Maybe I'll hear about it from other channels.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.