FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's 1:30 PM Est, and it's St. Pat's Day. WHY ARN'T YOU DRUNK?? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's 1:30 PM Est, and it's St. Pat's Day. WHY ARN'T YOU DRUNK??
Myr
Member # 5956

- posted      Profile for Myr   Email Myr         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would *think*, sigh.

Today we went to a local tavern and listened to the irish band and had corned beef and cabbage. That was neat.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Myr. No one wants to give her alcohol.

*pat pat*

Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy crap kq, how many kids are you HAVING?!

And Myr should totally be drunk.

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myr
Member # 5956

- posted      Profile for Myr   Email Myr         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Blushing]

Nono, poor Myr, she's grounded AGAIN.

Posts: 105 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tt&t, we want at least six or seven. I am absolutely stopping if we get to fourteen.
Posts: 21181 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fourteen?!

... Crikey. [Wink]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't help it; it's in our genes. [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 21181 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beatnix, pour me something tall and strong?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myr
Member # 5956

Make it a hurricane, before I go insane ^^
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KetchupQueen, I have all of my future kids names picked out too (well I want two or three and have 2 of each picked). Picked them out one day when I was bored in homeroom junior year of high school. And I haven't even had an actual boyfriend.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heck, I'm not even planning on having kids, but I know what I'd name at least the first one. [Smile]
Posts: 4076 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

I'm going to name all my kids Luke. [Smile]
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, hand-me-downs will be a snap, you won't have to re-label them.
Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WHY ARN'T YOU DRUNK??
For the same reason I didn't wear a shred of green today. Because I'm not Irish. In fact, I'm the exact opposite of Irish. I'm English.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mormo
Member # 5799

- posted      Profile for Mormo           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, tt&t is opposite of Ireland, since New Zealand is antipodal to Ireland.

Hey, there's an Antipodes Island! I never noticed that before on my globe.

Posts: 327 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously. I didn't even skip off tonight's group meeting to drink as I have an exam tomorrow. Sadly, I doubt anyone there will believe me.

Not that I've done any studying, mind, but I'm also not drunk. Gotta watch my weight. Or something.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For the same reason I didn't wear a shred of green today. Because I'm not Irish. In fact, I'm the exact opposite of Irish. I'm English.
I'm not Irish. I am a Mongrel Englander. A citizen.

A story from my parents: My mother knew an Irish woman in the town we lived in England. The Irish woman was surprised that English people behaved totally normally to her; in Ireland, this was rare. English and Irish rarely became friendly.

Since then, I've tried to make sure that whatever thing some angry people have going, I'm not a part of it.

Please. Wear green. Don't wear green. No matter. Just don't use your nationality, real or generational as an reason.

[ March 18, 2005, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

My grandma, as I said somewhere, grew up in the Irish section of Liverpool, and apparently the St. Patrick's Day parade used to degenerate into rock-throwing there. [Frown]
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back... it's 3:05 AM, I finished my essay and I got plastered.

I am WAY cooler then people who DONT drink. Also, I do drugs, so I'm EVEN COOLER.

Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol!

Rock, rock on! [Wink]
I had a bit of scotch so I'm doing juuuuuuust fine.

[ March 18, 2005, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: Telperion the Silver ]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myr
Member # 5956

I went out for corned beef and cabbage with my mom and grandparents. I'm the coolest. [Big Grin]
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Please. Wear green. Don't wear green. No matter. Just don't use your nationality, real or generational as an reason.
My point was that I have no reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. My home country is the United States, not Ireland. My ethnic heritage is primarily English, among other things, that does not include, so far as we know, even the slightest hint of Irish. It's not that I "hate the Irish", and the English-as-opposite-of-Irish thing was a joke. The fact is, I don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day because I don't feel I have any kind of ties to the holiday.

I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo because I'm neither Mexican nor of Mexican descent. I don't celebrate Hannukah because I'm not Jewish. I don't celebrate Kwanzaa because I'm not black. I don't celebrate St. Valentine's Day because I'm single. I certainly don't have a problem with other people celebrating whatever holidays they like. You could all start celebrating a Klingon holiday, for all I care. But I don't think I should feel compelled to celebrate a holiday I have no ties to simply because everyone else is.

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.