FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This is so not right...

Author Topic: This is so not right...
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Who can tell me what movie is missing from this list?
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
"Plan Nine from Outer Space"
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatchetman
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Battlefield Earth is on there, so the only other really bad one that isn't listed is Gerry (2001)

[ March 17, 2005, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, but "Manos" most definetely deserves the #1 spot.

A lot of those are MST3K classics. Girl in Gold Boots, Eeagh, Santa Clause Conquers the Martians...

edit: I kinda wonder why The Book of Mormon Movie isn't on it.

[ March 17, 2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are they not ranked by the number of votes they received? (right-hand column)?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msquared
Member # 4484

- posted      Profile for msquared   Email msquared         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see Day of the Trifids on there.

Or Attack of the Killer Tomatos

msquared

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Il Postino.

Who can tell me which pronoun is so not right in Trisha's original post? [Razz]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprized nobody's mentioned Killer Klowns From Outer Space .
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
That's not a pronoun, it's a complementizer [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Sci-Fi did an original movie entitled "Foust" or something along those lines.

It was, hands down, the worst movie I have ever seen. It was so bad, you couldn't stop watching because somehow you knew it couldn't get any worse.

And you were wrong.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Your momma's a complementizer.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, I actually liked Double Dragon and Street Fighter, and Iron Eagle, and Mac & Me.

Granted I first saw them when I was ten and my standards were lower, I still liked them.

I'd add My Boss' Daughter. The only movie I have ever walked out on.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

quote:
"Foust" or something along those lines
I'm trying to figure out what else is along those lines. Goethe? Mephistopheles?
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
Serial Mom?
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool World
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Oh, man, I saw Cool World. I think I saw it when I was in Turkey.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Annie - the "plot" of the movie revolves around a man who sells his soul to the Devil in order to receive awesome power.

The Devil, being the tricky bastard he is, warps the gift so the would-be hero turns into a rampaging killer running rampant through Manhattan.

I want to say the title of the movie was indeed "Foust", but I can't find any reference of it online.

Which means I either don't remember the title correctly or the film has been properly expunged as the offensive waste of resources it would be to try and maintain this film or any such record of it's existence.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Well, I was thinking of Ishtar.
Is there a worse movie that actualy features academy award winning actors?

TMedina
Member # 6649

The movie is:
Foust - Love of the Damned

It was on Sci-Fi channel.

Gah.

-Trevor

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
It is missing the thing that is the Night Train to Venice, with Hugh Grant and Malcolm McDowell.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Stop or my mom will shoot was Stallone's best movie...

Also, several movies are missing from that list. To name a few :
I.Q.
The Fast and the Furious
Mission To Mars

Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
definitelynotvichysoisse
Member # 7559

- posted      Profile for definitelynotvichysoisse   Email definitelynotvichysoisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Clockstoppers deserves to be on that list!
Posts: 55 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
The Fast and the Furious was fun.

2 Fast, 2 Furious, however, can go on the list.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The motorcycle version of Fast and the Furious should be right near the top.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to put Evil Alien Conquorers on that list. Few movies have done less for me.

[ March 17, 2005, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember enjoying Hercules in New York as a kid.
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

Hey! I.Q. was awesome!

He went "Wahoo!"
Albert Einstein went "Wahoo?"

HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Artificial Intelligence: A.I. should be on the list. That movie was horrid.

I recently watched Raise Your Voice which could also be on the list. It was a totally stupid movie. It didn't even have the stupid cheesiness that I thought it would have. It was just plain stupid.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
And... Saving Private Finklestein.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The motorcycle version of Fast and the Furious should be right near the top.
77. 3.1 Torque (2004) 3,775

You want it a little higher?

Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
Jack Frost 2, I'll find a link. But take my word, it was absolutely herendously terrible.

[ March 17, 2005, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Little_Doctor ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked The Fast And The Furious, too. But I'm a sucker for bad action flicks.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
You and my husband...

I've been dragged to soooo many awful action flicks.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Constant Reader
Member # 7282

- posted      Profile for Constant Reader   Email Constant Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Lost Highway
Pretentious load of crap, in my opinion.

oh, and that old Yahoo Serious movie!

Ps I loved A.I. [Razz]

[ March 17, 2005, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Constant Reader ]

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Added: To Megan --

*grin* I had one boyfriend that we'd go to the theater at the same time and go to different movies, 'cause he thought the ones I wanted to see were stupid. Not all the time, of course, but more than once.

[ March 17, 2005, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmmmm. That's not a bad idea.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

The hard part is making sure the one with the little bit earlier start time is also a little bit longer, so you get out at the same time.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Pluto Nash
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked The Fast and The Furious . I also liked I.Q. , but maybe that's just me. (Meg Ryan happens to be one of my favorite actresses.)

I thought that the list was missing Anaconda.

(Edit: btw, you can't put Attack of the Killer Tomatos on there, msquared. It's a classic.)

[ March 17, 2005, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd have to put Evil Alien Conquorers on that list. Few movies have done less for me.
I'd bet some serious money that it could be undercut by Night Train to Venice. Serious. Someday I'll find somebody to rip on it with me.

It has that peculiarly deceptive quality of all really good crap. That is, you will start out thinking, "Hey, this isn't quite so bad. Yeah, they really were exaggerating." That's the good part -- the lull, when you think you might have better taste than everyone else, when you think you might have the insight to redeem this one.

And then, ahhh, the sweet fall. [Smile]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
You can also add to the list most of the movies ever featured on Mystery Science Theatre 3000 . [Wink]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myr
Member # 5956

- posted      Profile for Myr   Email Myr         Edit/Delete Post 
Eek, I hate these threads 'cause I get all defensive. But I must say the only movies from the imdb list that I've seen were in MST episodes [Smile]
Posts: 105 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
It's missing The Sweetest Thing.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
A good chunk of those (esp. in the bottom 20) have been MST3k'd. Which is why people know they exist.

If you haven't seen Hobgoblins, Space Mutiny or Manos: The Hands of Fate, then you don't know pain.

Truly.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
Rubberface
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Speed 2: Cruise Control AND Hope Floats.

Sandra Bullock agreed to make the first so she could make the second. It was this mighty combination that ruined my fandom for Ms Bullock. Both parties should have looked at eachothers scripts and said "Ya know, it's just not worth it" and moved on to better projects.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a tossup between Fiend Without a Face and But I'm a Cheerleader.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
The House of Sand and Fog
Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
The Blair Witch Project
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.