FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *Fangirl squee* Post links to summer movie trailers

Author Topic: *Fangirl squee* Post links to summer movie trailers
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/the_island/

Lindsay, dude, wanna go with me to see this when it comes out?

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
The Island looks pretty interesting. I have yet to see a Michael Bay movie which I've liked, but maybe this will be the first.

Also looking forward to A Scanner Darkly (Philip K. Dick and Richard Linklater!!!), War of the Worlds, H2G2, Kingdom of Heaven and The Bad News Bears (Richard Linklater!).

Edit: Oh, sorry, I forgot to post links. But you can see trailers for all of the above mentioned movies on apple's site.

[ March 18, 2005, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Fitz ]

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

This is without Bruckheimer, so I'm hopeful that will make a difference. Probably it won't. However, there's the Ewan McGregor factor. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll totally see it with you! [Smile]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

New trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/the_island/international/

*sigh*

HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Does that seem a little Matrix-like to anyone else? Hmm... I love Ewan, but I don't like Scarlett. Oh, but I also love Steve. To see or not to see...
Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting special effects.

There were superficial similarities to the Matrix - splashing in water, bodies in bubbles, suits and shades, but the plot isn't the same, insofar as I can tell from the trailer.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

It also has SEAN BEAN and Djimo-- Um, that GUY whose name I never get right. The one who was nominated for best supporting actor for that ... movie...

*note to self: no sugar in afternoon*

Meshugener
Member # 7601

- posted      Profile for Meshugener   Email Meshugener         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, poor michael clark duncan. he didnt look too happy being dragged down the hall [Frown]
Posts: 93 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Djimon Hounsou

Filmography

-Trevor

Edit: Pity the poor guys trying to drag Michael Clarke Duncan down the hall. He is not a small man.

[ March 25, 2005, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

Amistad, and it was a Golden Globe. I wasn't as *blleeeeeeped* in the head as I thought, but close.

Thanks Trevor! [Smile]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Always happy to fulfill my WenchMan duties. [Taunt]

-Trevor

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
The plot didn't seem similar?

People hooked up to machines to live in an artificially created world who wake up into a reality not nearly as comfortable as the one they left, who are chased by those who created the world.

My assumptions are that these people don't want these escapes to let anyone else know about their secret, or free any other minds from the artificial reality's control.

It's the Matrix in modern day. Take away the post-apocalyptic feel and substitute the "Government" for the "Machines."

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

They aren't hooked up to the machines to live - they're grown in the tubes.

Although the "real" world does, in fact, require them to live on, so the parallel does hold.

-Trevor

AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
If I were to dobie this thread**, it would be something along the lines of *Farmgirl squeal*.

** which, of course, I would never do.

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of these are on moviefone:

http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/bewitched_movie

http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/sin_city_movie

http://www2.warnerbros.com/batmanbegins/video.html

That's about it.

Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, mph, that is what I keep seeing when I see the title. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an extra in The Island. It was filmed (for seemingly no real reason) a few miles away from me in Detroit. It looks like an interesting movie.

And the snacks on the set were good for the one day I was there.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.