FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » And we take one more step closer...

Author Topic: And we take one more step closer...
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
And we take one more step closer to bringing outsourced tech jobs back Stateside. Or, at least, moving them out of India.

Approving the sale of F-16 fighters to Pakistan

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Federal Government
Member # 6807

- posted      Profile for The Federal Government           Edit/Delete Post 
People, you have to stop them! Clearly, I can't.

They're mad! Mad, I tell you! MAD!

What you have to do is,slek8i4ut0nqv3 4t-[
08] 'oirg; 4

HELP!
trhoij [

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
How are fighter jets being sold to Pakisan going to help in the war on terror? Is Pakistan going to bomb itself wherever terrorists are located? I always thought that the key issue to combating terror was intelligence.

On a side note, I don't know if Pakistan actively participate in the war in Iraq/Afghanistan.

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think they're critical to Pakistan's participation, but overflights and air power will certainly be useful against some camps they're trying to put out of business.

Plus, it will make them more cooperative with us.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
And aggravate India.

It would be a little tacky to start selling "superior" weapons systems to both sides - while trying to broker a peace treaty between the two.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Temporary gains.

Let's not forget that Saddam Hussein was our bedfellow before he became our enemy.

Once again, we go forward into the darkness, setting up future generations of Americans to be killed by foreign nationals using our own weapons against us.

Also, don't forget that Pakistan's current leader isn't going to be there forever. His successor is going to inherit whatever equipment we sell to his regime.

At least we won't be losing this contract to the French, though.

Yay us!!!

[ March 25, 2005, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.