FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Some Star Wars Funny at the Expense of John Williams

Author Topic: Some Star Wars Funny at the Expense of John Williams
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Listen (click on Star Wars)

The group is called Moosebutter and you can sample some of their other hilarious songs by clicking. [Smile]

Edit: This contribution to the Hatrack Funny made possible by JemmyGrove and Abrynne. [Wink]

[ June 01, 2005, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Cecily, are you on AIM? Get on so we talk! [Smile]

Edit: John Williams IS the man!

[ March 27, 2005, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: JonnyNotSoBravo ]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
oh brother.....
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It's true, he is.

And Narnia is the woman for posting this!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool. Just bought See Dee. Thanks for linking that! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my God that was hilarious.

John Williams IS the man!

This just seems ironic because I just bought the box set of the original trilogy soundtrack with the double cds. Six cds of Star Wars and John Williams goodness [Smile]

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I need to point out that JemmyGrove is the man for introducing me to this group...and Abrynne (my sister) is the woman for providing the web space.

I should say something like: "This contribution to the Hatrack funny made possible by JemmyGrove and Abrynne."

[Big Grin]

[ March 27, 2005, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, you totally should.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Razz] There. I did.
rubble
Member # 6454

- posted      Profile for rubble           Edit/Delete Post 
Hilarious!
Posts: 270 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I need to add this to my geek music collection!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like such a geek. Cool!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*bumped for the Monday crowd*
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. I listened to it again, and now it seems kind of silly, or the words do, at least. [Frown]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
dance with ewoks, oh what fun!... *giggles*

I have to say, they have excellent, beautiful, impressively-controlled voices. I've been listening to too much radio - it actually surprised me.

[ March 28, 2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Lady Jane ]

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Teshi, just listen to it over and over again and you will become numb to the silliness. [Smile] Actually, all the words are right from the movies which is why it's STILL FUNNY!! (and I've listened to it at least 10 times.) [Big Grin]
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
AWESOME!!!!!

That is one of the most nerdaliciouis things I've heard in a long time.

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

I loved it!

[ROFL]

And I agree, the voices are very good. I especially enjoyed the wookie speech. [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Were the note changes intentional do you think? Or did they just have a hard time hitting some of them?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

On which part Dag? The Jaws part? (If so, then yes. They were intentional.)
Narnia
Member # 1071

*bump*

It's funny, I just watched a New Hope last week and I couldn't help but sing the lines along with the movie.

"Nobody cares if you upset a droid! That's because droids don't tear your arms out of sockets!"

And then all the fun transitions "Someone's whining, someone's whining, one more season one more season..."

[Big Grin]

Kent
Member # 7850

- posted      Profile for Kent   Email Kent         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to school with one of the members of this group. I am glad that the best people don't change. I think that song is awesome.
Posts: 231 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
"Sorry, the file you have requested is not available." [Frown]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Sorry, I fixed the link. It takes you to their site where you can download it for free now (in honor of Episode III) [Smile]

Here it is again: http://www.moosebutter.com/media.php

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] That was great!
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
That was great! [Big Grin]

Even if it did evoke memories of when Bea Arthur sang along to the Cantina Band song in "The Star Wars Holiday Special". o/` Good night but not goodbye o/` [Eek!]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
"Who's Your Daddy?"
LOL!

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.