FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I feel smart.... And so does my finger.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I feel smart.... And so does my finger....
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know! But it was a useful quote for the blackmail... You know what that is... So start working on it.

You must have a vast social life at uni, so spy around the building and collect info; more so contacts. It can't be that hard, and you are a fan.

JH

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Jonny, take a trip up to the Har, have lunch with me, and we'll scout her out together.

How's that sound? [Razz]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Get me a permit out of school. I study as late as she goes to bed.

[ March 27, 2005, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

If you can't get yourself a permit out of school, you'd be useless at celebrity-stalking.

Sorry.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Oh, as if you could do that if you were a male and studied at my school!
Raia
Member # 4700

Ha... I so could.

(edit: Which school are you at?)

[ March 27, 2005, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
um, so about this trojan horse one of you linked to . . . . Norton said it failed at taking care of it.

I tried deleting my temporary files, since that's where Norton said it was located, but I don't know if it worked.

So what the hell have you done to my computer?!

[Mad]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to get some sort of explanation thing out of them but getting a direct answer was a bit hard. I don't know what's going on with the Trojan Horse thing. Mine definately wasn't taken care of. I have no idea what this means.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Raia: Hartman

Teshi: It's something I never experienced, Probably a pathtic Web site - don't take notice.

Icarus: Restart and it'll be fine.

Raia
Member # 4700

Ok, I don't know Hartman. I may know people there though. Though that was completely, 100% irrelevant.
Teshi
Member # 5024

This isn't helping. I have something that says I have a virus and that my Norton Antivirus can't do anything about it. What's worse, I got it from a link which is still linked to- was that the point of the link? Is it a real virus?

I'm not going to just ignore it!

I'll try to do what Icarus did- delete the place where it says it is.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Raia: Who?

Teshi: Then try restarting, or e-mailing TomD.

Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I put a warning on the post with the link. I'm not sure what the deal is. I get no immediate warnings when visiting the page, and no viruses found when scanning. And, as far as I know, albino black sheep has always been relatively safe to visit.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I don't know, do you want me to start listing every high schooler I know of who lives in the Moshava? [Razz]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Well, that would be nice, thanks. A new topic to talk about in 300 e-mail messages.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Trojan Horse
File: C:\Documents and Settings\VF\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0LOHO321\you[1].js
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\VF\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0LOHO321
Computer: BLUE-CHEESE
User: VF
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Sun Mar 27 13:16:33 2005

Teshi, your computer's name is BLUE-CHEESE?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

What if it is?

My whole family of computers is named after cheese.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
From Symantec's site:

quote:
JS.Exception.Exploit is a detection for an exploit that allows Java applets to perform various actions on your system if you are using an older or unpatched version of Microsoft Internet Explorer.

In many cases, JS.Exception.Exploit may perform simple actions such as changing your Internet Explorer home page. (This is one of the most common uses of this exploit.) It has been reported, but not confirmed, that some adware programs use JS.Exception.Exploit to do this. As a result, your Symantec antivirus program may detect JS.Exception.Exploit when the adware program displays a pop-up ad that uses the exploit.

IMPORTANT:
If your Symantec antivirus program alerts you to JS.Exception.Exploit, this means that it has stopped the exploit and prevented it from running. It does not mean that your computer is "infected" with this threat. Rather, it means that the antivirus program has stopped it. Because the exploit is usually not on your computer, in most cases you will not be able to "delete" it, since there is nothing to delete.

To be sure that your computer is free of currently-known threats, we suggest that you run LiveUpdate and then run a full system scan.

If you continue to receive alerts when pop-up ads are displayed, you need to determine what adware you have installed on your computer, then disable or remove it. You may need to contact your computer vendor for assistance in identifying and disabling advertising software. You can also obtain and run programs that are designed to detect and remove adware.

So, looks like no real harm was done. I think that Fitz should at the very least delete his link though.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What if it is?

My whole family of computers is named after cheese.

Just wondering ...
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Thanks Noemon! [Smile]

Well I deleted all my Temporary Internet files, just to be safe, but I ran a Antivirus Scan on top and now my computer's all confused because its scanning files that have been deleted. Ah well.

Also, with cookies gone I was ejected from Hatrack and had to log in again.

But we're all good now!

EDIT: Kaioshinn, I realise I sounded snappish. I didn't intend to be. I mean to be flippantly suspicious. I realise I'm being awfully crotchety today- It's Easter and I'm stuck inside writing an awful essay that's NOT working, I have a cold and I had to battle with a virus. So yeah. I didn't mean to snap.

We have Holy Cheese, Little Cheese, Blue Cheese, Swiss Cheese and Big Cheese.

[ March 27, 2005, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I went (for lunch) to a Bat-Mitzva with a whole buffet of cheeses. Just to make you jealous...

JH

(Almost wrone "Butt-Mitzva". What's wrong with me today? Calling Raia a moll, and now this? I need some coffee.)

Raia
Member # 4700

You do.
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Why should I delete the link, Noemon? I put a warning on it, which I feel is enough. If someone chooses to click on the link despite the warning, well... the link's message might apply to them as well.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.