FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How to teach (and learn) Latin (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How to teach (and learn) Latin
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
As I mentioned to Boon, my father is the Ultimate School Scavenger. he works in a private school where supplies and personal items are discarded with abandon. I know he can get some Latin books, and is geeky enough to get a thrill out of sending some to people, or to me to send on. I am not sure what text he uses.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to buy Latin books. I have a few textbooks, and a few of those translated literature books, including "Winnie Ille Pu Semper Ludet".

What I don't have is a teacher or anyone to practice with. I can learn a lot of things out of books, but foreign languages have never been among them. [Grumble]

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Liz, let me know if he actually gets a website started
I'd also be interested...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep in mind that my father only recently figured out how to generate his own email. I have called him Reply guy for years.

I really hope he does this. He says he has someone willing to help him, and he does not sound frightened of the prospect.

He is also looking into something that the Classical League(or some other group) has where he could be sort of a traveling substitute. It is not an easy thing to find a Latin sub, and when people get ill, or go on a leave, the position is often filled with videos.

Anyway, he will be thriled with the enthusiasm.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.