FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you have any good vibes to spare...(update!)

Author Topic: If you have any good vibes to spare...(update!)
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Would you send them my way? If you don't, that's ok. I'd much rather you send them Megan's way. [Smile]

Today is the Oregon educator's fair at the convention center in Portland. There are over 200 school districts there from all over the place (including Texas, California, Nevada...). I have to schmooz all day long and hopefully land some interviews today and tomorrow.

My biggest problem is knowing where to start. I really don't know where I really want to work, and my options are pretty open. So I just have to hope that I hit the right places today and make some good progress. [Smile]

And I have to hope that someone wants to hire me. [Big Grin]

So off I go! Have a great day everyone.

[ April 05, 2005, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
Boa sorte.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~Narnia~~~

Anyone working in education gets all the good vibes I can spare. [Smile]

Best of luck and keep your mind and heart open. When you feel the click you'll know where you want to be.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Pshht... you're not getting OLD good vibes... these ones I created just for you! [Kiss]

Good luck!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
So these are general, all-day vibes?

*sets vibe generator accordingly*

Have fun! [Big Grin]

*resists pushing Californian districts*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can spare a few. [Smile] Good luck.
Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I think you should move here and replace our curmudgeony old choir teacher that harrassed my sister. It would be perfect - we get a great new teacher, and you get to live in the beautiful wilds.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
*Thinks good thoughts*

Maybe you should go visit several Jatraqueros...in order to check out some areas of the country, of course.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh! I like that idea!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Texas!!

I feel like we should organize a Care Bear Stare.

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Narnia, though it doesn't sound as if you need it.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
All for you! [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Do good! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck!!

(Washington could use more teachers)

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
viiiiiibe...

Viiiiiiiibe...

VIIIIIIIIIBE!

There, that should work. [Smile]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Telp---> [Hat] ~~~~~~~~~ Narnia
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
<<puts good vibes in envelope. addresses it. licks stamps>>
<<rushes to post office, hoping the mail hasn't gone out yet>>
<<frets that he should have sent them earlier>>

Bon chance.

Edit: <<tries to get the song "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys unstuck from cranium>> [Wall Bash]

[ March 30, 2005, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Brian J. Hill ]

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to try to post something clever, maybe about the Time Cube or something, so I googled "vibrations." [Eek!] .

So I'll just say, Good luck. I hope it's going/gone well!

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~~~~~~~Narnia~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck!

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope all goes well!! Even great musicians need food for money. [Wink]

*sends good vibes*

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Thanks you guys, reading this made me smile. It's been a busy day. [Smile] But a good one and I'm sure it's because of how sweet you all are! Thank you!! (I had the best visual picture of Katie doing a Care Bear Stare from Texas.)

There are several good high school choir positions open in Oregon and Washington, 2 for which I have already applied. The problem with Oregon is that they don't get their budgets set until April, so they really don't know who they can hire (or who they are going to cut) until then. So it's still a bit early, but I got my resume out.

So here's a funny story. Last week, at the Salt Lake job fair, I interviewed with Clark County (Las Vegas). It was my best interview of the whole day, I applied online and then hit a snag because of red tape. They happened to be at this fair today, but with different interviewers. I went to ask a really nice lady how to continue my application and she gave me some numbers to call and told me exactly how to do it. Then, the conversation went something like this:

Cecily: Do you know of any openings yet?
Interviewer: What's your area?
Cecily: Music
Interviewer: (excitedly) Choir?
Cecily: (more excitedly) Yes!
Interviewer: (grabbing me by both arms) I have a full time choir opening at my high school!
Cecily: Are you a principal?
Interviewer: Assistant principal! So when you call Rhonda, tell her that I'm looking for your application and I'll put a rush on it.
Cecily: !!!

I've gotten good vibes from that district so far, they've been so nice and friendly. But Las Vegas? Could I live there? Hm. I'll be thinking about this.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, congrats, Narnia! I'm sorry I didn't see this early enough to send you good vibes, but it looks like you got em! [Smile]

Awesome about the job, too! Yay! [Smile]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
It's probably a little late for me to send good vibes, but just in case time isn't as linear as it seems, I'll send some anyway. [Wink] Hope it was a good day.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Mmm. Thanks for the extra vibes. I'm using that word a lot lately aren't I? [Smile] It must be some...vibe...I'm getting or something.

Ok. Time to think of a new word. [Smile]

And thanks Megan!! I was so glad to hear that you did so well today. [Big Grin]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Nooooooo!!! If you end up in Las Vegas you won't be part of the NW clump anymore! *pout*

Then I'll have to visit you in Sin City, and end up blowing my savings at the tables... [Frown]

It sounds like you're needed, though! That is a wonderful feeling and it's great to have a job on hold for the taking if you want it! [Smile]

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

(((JonnyNSB))) Don't worry. Nothing's in the bag yet.

BUT.

The lady that said she'd put a rush on my application? She did. The very next day after I saw her. So I completed the annoying online application (I hate online applications...you have to fill in all their terrible fields of doom or they won't let you move on) and now I have to send some transcripts and extra stuff in...and I'm officially applied.

I also just landed an interview with a FILM high school (yep, you heard me) in Sandy, Utah. Weird, huh?

(Thanks for letting me update, it makes me feel better to tell someone. My family doesn't even realize what's up. I'm keeping it all on the down low. [Smile] )

[ April 01, 2005, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.