FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Curse you William Shatner! Curse you!

Author Topic: Curse you William Shatner! Curse you!
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
For any of you who watch shows on SpikeTV (I'm assuming the majority of Star Trek geeks here do), then you've probably seen commercials for Invasion Iowa, Shatners attempt at a reality TV show. I haven't watched the show, but I'm going to have Tivo record it tonight.

HOWEVER, they just had a commercial on the air for it, in which he puts the premise of the show in musical form. I am now walking around singing "Invasion IOWA Invasion IOWA...." over and over. Tis annoying.

[Mad]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

[ROFL]

[Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww... [Monkeys]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the William Shatner Acting Award a few years ago from my fellow cast members in a show I was in. It was a proud moment of my career.

On second thought, I'm not so sure that was a good thing [Eek!]

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
you should sing this as you get to Iowa this week (you are going to iowa right?)
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad it's not just me that this is happening to, Nathan.

What do you think of the show? I've watched maybe two episodes of any reality TV show, but I'm fascinated by this one.

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill Shatner hosting a reality series? I can't get behind that.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
So the first episode is tonight? The premise of the show sounds interesting, but if I do watch it, it will only be because I'm a William Shatner fan.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I probably won't watch it, because I can't stand to watch people make fools out of themselves, but I'm still intrigued.
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
There are William Shatner fans?

[Confused]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
It's from the producers of Joe Schmo, who have a track record of actually being on the side of the people who aren't in on the joke... setting themselves apart from pretty much every other maker of reality TV out there. I'm a fan. (The head honcho's blog for the show is here.)
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Watch this, and then tell me you're no longer a William Shatner fan.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Shatner is great in Miss Congeniality.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
William Shatner's Fame Audit
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am now walking around singing "Invasion IOWA Invasion IOWA...." over and over. Tis annoying.

YOu think it is annoying to be doing it? How about your poor wife having to listen to it? [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming you guys have heard clips from Shatner's new CD?

http://www.shatnerhasbeen.com/

I haven't gathered up the will to pay full price for that CD yet, but I will eventually.

And Shathner still holds the all time best one syllable quote of all time:

[Mad] "KHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!" [Mad]

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever since Star Trek Generations the movie, he has had the same mannerisms as my grandma... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hammer
Member # 7528

- posted      Profile for Hammer           Edit/Delete Post 
What??

William Shatner on a reality TV show??

That would lead me to believe that William Shatner is REAL??

But what do I know, I'm just a country doctor, Jim!!

Posts: 65 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.