FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I don't care. Just leave me alone.

Author Topic: I don't care. Just leave me alone.
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
So here's what I really want to say to people today:

I don't care if the printer doesn't work.
I don't care if you can't get online.
I don't care about your stupid success in clicking the mouse.
Yes, I do care that you brought your class into my room. It does matter. My students don't have a place to sit.
Stop giving me a play-by-play of the printer connection. I don't care.
No, I don't care that you want to go to a party during school hours; I don't want to cover your class this afternoon.

Had one of these days lately? People just won't leave you alone, and everytime they come near, they're getting two seconds closer to having their heads pulled off but for some reason, you keep on listening and you just get more agitated?

I promise, I'm usually not this grouchy. It's just been a really bad couple of days.

Please feel free to share your crappy-day story. [Grumble]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
This morning the guest preacher for the second Sunday that Bob and I will be on our honeymoon called and said he can't make it that Sunday, would sometime later in the month work instead.

Um, no.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll find someone, dkw. Have faith.

Like here - my sister works for a place that finds homes for foster children. They have been known to go into churches "in lieu of the sermon" and talk about foster parenting and the needs of these kids, etc.

Maybe something like that you can find for that Sunday. Or a missionary that is looking for support. THey are usually willing to speak.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope that you're able to find someone quickly [Smile]
Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Oh, I have a list of people I can call. I just didn't intent to be doing that this morning.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
:sly:

I'll sub, dkw.

[Evil Laugh]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of interest, what happens if no preacher shows up?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, her congregation doesn't need a lesson in the finer points of baby eating.

Give the talk on jello making instead.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
If the preacher's not there within 10 minutes after the service starts, everyone gets to go home.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Hymn sing.

Edit: I've got various lay people leading most of the service, but they want a guest speaker for the sermon time. Several of them could do it, but they get all fidgity about not being "good enough" at it. Fear of public speaking is rampant, and the one person in the congregation who would is preaching somewhere else that week.

[ March 31, 2005, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: dkw ]

CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Dana:

I teach a Sunday School class (LDS) and go through stage fright every week - since October, when I began teaching the class. I think it's getting a little better ...

So I understand the "not good enough" feeling. Good luck finding/convincing someone to fill in. [Wink]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I'll talk about my crappy evening last night (with hubby looking over my shoulder) ...

We're taking a family relations class at church - six weeks. The second and third sessions are on finances. Kent is unemployed, therefore I "control" all the money. He was angry after the class last night because he doesn't have any money to control/track/invest, whatever. [Grumble]

So, we had a fight in the car on the way home, resulting in him refusing to go to next week's class ... on communication.

That figures. [Wall Bash]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs*

I teach Sunday School, too, and it still makes me nervous. It shouldn't - I just spent a year teaching the Teacher Development class - but it always does. It's so much fun when it goes well, though.

Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Crisis averted.

[Smile]

Back to other work.

TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Laugh]

Sorry Cay - reminds me why I enjoy being single. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
"I just spent 3 hours translating a meeting, I missed my bus home, don't get another one for another hour, so **** off, I'm not going to translate this contract for you. Not even if my boss asked me to."
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww...I'm sorry, KamaLeon.
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I do not know where any of the people in charge of costumes (for tonight's production) are.

No, I will not be coming tonight. It's not my fault that the date got changed to the night I'm catching a plane just after midnight.

No, I can't do one more thing before I leave. I'm leaving now.

[Wave]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh* missing buses again.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Tries again
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
No, I can't fix the photocopier.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil Laugh]
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. I feel like this every day at work. Not so much with the helping of the innocent supportees, but with my unbelievable employers. My boss, for instance, loves to give me not-so-subtle guilt trips about taking time off, including sick days. Since, in his masochistic world, no one is ever sick enough to warrant Missing Work!!!™. So I'm sitting here lightheaded and still a little nauseous, in my office, waiting for someone to tell me to move more tables or drag more projectors around, because otherwise all I'll hear about next week is how hard I'm making his miserable life.

Uhh... Yeah. I have a great office, though. [Smile]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coccinelle
Member # 5832

Zeguma- that stinks! I hope you feel better!

Today is a much better day. I think that some extra sleep helped my bad attitude [Smile]

jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yes, I really *do* have to be home when my seven-year-old gets off the bus on this, a half-day. No, it is not an April Fool's joke. Yes, I really do have to leave at eleven a.m."

oh and:

"No, I don't care that you have a vendor coming."

I also don't care that you haven't finished your purchase orders. Do them at the cash register counter.

So there.

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad today is better, C. [Smile] [Smile] *hugs*

"No, I..." Nope, sorry. It's been a fabulous week at work, everything I have to do is fun, and if there's not enough time to do something, there's just not enough time and I'm very sweet for trying.

-- Kat on Banna's computer

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.