FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Beta-testing Google groups (and shameless self-promotion)

Author Topic: Beta-testing Google groups (and shameless self-promotion)
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
mothertree: the group
I guess I'll sort of have this be my private forum. Or, if no one joins, possibly my blog. I thought if anyone wanted to swing by we could check out some of the message display options, which I am hoping give more versatility than a yahoo group (where messages are chronological, though a threading organization is displayed at the bottom of messages.)

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Coolity! [Cool]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I broke google [Angst]
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
These were the google ads when I went there:
quote:
Sponsored Links
Lonely
Over 1 million photo profiles
Search our entire database free
www.mate1.com

Never Be Lonely Again
Learn How To Successfully Approach
Any Woman And Never Be Lonely
DoubleYourDating.com

Then a tumbleweed blew through the webpage. [Frown] I got so sad and lonely I joined up immediately.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

It seems I posted a message and then it went to a sign in prompt which didn't work. I wonder where I note that, if this is an actual beta and not just called beta to get my geek juices flowing.

"Show as tree" is interesting, and I see an advantage in being able to star topics. I'm interested to see how many different colors they display usernames as.

[ April 01, 2005, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka, there's been a coup, I'm the new sherriff in town. You will be deported to Yahoo to live out your days.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

[Cry] But the option to show by most recent message is so compelling. And the author color coding! Though it's not universal, the first person in the thread is red, then blue-then mustard apparently. But within any thread a given author will be the same color.

By the way, there very well may be a coup. When I registered at gmail this morning, mothertree was already taken so I registered as mothertreee. I invited the original mothertree to the group. We'll see what happens.

[ April 01, 2005, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

mothertree
Member # 4999

I haven't been doing much with this due to being rather busy with the Shadow of the Giant book group and also working at a synagogue as passover approaches.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.