FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Finally got my mission call...

Author Topic: Finally got my mission call...
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
After a long delay it finally came: Denver, Colorado, south mission.

[ April 01, 2005, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations [Smile]

Kat says congrats too.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Party] Despite living about 50 miles from there my entire life I don't have much advice expect have plenty of warmies, and don't let the snow get you down. [Smile]

How long was the delay?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! You're just one mission away from my husband's aunt, uncle, and cousins. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I have to add, don't be surprised if you can't walk, bike, or run as fast or far as you're used to without getting tired at first. But two years is a nice long time to get better. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
And start drinking your water NOW! You'll need three months to get good and hydrated before Denver sucks out all your moisture. [Big Grin]

But really, congrats! That is awesome. [Smile] I'll find out what mission my brother lives in and tell him to invite you to dinner.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

quote:
don't let the snow get you down.
I love the cold.

quote:
How long was the delay?

quite long, they didn't send it out right away, and then after it was sent out, they found out that my doctor forgot to fill out one section of the forms...
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! May you have a successful mission!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! Congrats. [Smile]

For some reason, I never knew you were of missioning age. I assumed you were mouch older. Weird.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I've always felt mentally older than physically...

I've had alot of fun with the irony of getting my mission call on April 1, with people who know I've been waiting a long time to get it.

HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Is that anywhere near Pueblo West, Colorado? I have a friend who is on her mission there right now.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cool] [Hat] Congratulations.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

No sorry, most of the Colorado Denver South Mission is in the north west of colorado.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, and good luck on your mission!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe a friend of mine was in that same mission, and served in the Golden stake, which is, incidentally, where I grew up. Lovely, lovely. I grew up in the Evergreen Ward, whose meetinghouse is made of logs!
Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.