FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just saw a preview for..

Author Topic: I just saw a preview for..
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw a preview for the new Charlie & The Chocolate Factory...

...and I think I need to throw up.

Johnny Depp looks.. nothing like Johnny Depp.
Boo this remake. Boo! [Mad]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Shallow.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

No, really.
Look at this

The music sucks too! It's not just looks I care about. It's.. everything. Hmph.

Disgusting!

If you're not sick now.. you've got like, an iron stomach, or something.

Oh, I scrolled down to "Teaser." I played mine in Windows Media Player, but whatever works for you, of course.

[ April 03, 2005, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Tater ]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
The music is freaky, but the movie looks interesting.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
The music really is about ten kinds of wrong. I do think that Johnny Depp will be a good Willy Wonka, though. He's certainly...freaky enough.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like a freakish offspring of Dr. Seuss and Willie Wonka.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm...i assume you're talking about the same trailer that came out a few months ago.

I think the music is great. I think Johnny Depp looks great. And I think the movie looks freakishly awesome.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
That empty eyed grin is horrible on Depp. Verrry creeepy.

Eve

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
He's not supposed to be comforting...
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, it looks like they've turned what used to be a story about a good kid being helped by an eccentric, but kind candy maker, into some sort of circus nightmare complete with frightening music. I think I'll stick with the book and the other movie. Plus the comparison between Depp in this movie with the vapid grin, and the Depp from Finding Neverland where he played a very deep character is not very favorable. Maybe it won't be as bad as it looks, but it looks pretty bad.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBee91
Member # 7475

- posted      Profile for LilBee91           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm scared.

I can't wait to see it! [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 46 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind Johnny Depp, but I'm far too much of a Gene Wilder fan to be able to do anything but cringe right now...

And that music is very, very scary.

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

quote:
I don't know, it looks like they've turned what used to be a story about a good kid being helped by an eccentric, but kind candy maker, into some sort of circus nightmare complete with frightening music.
*nods*

And I think Johnny Depp looks like a clown.. on drugs. [Grumble] (No offense to you drug-addicted clowns reading this. It's nothing personal, really.)

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Charlie's grandpa looks like the geezer from that Pixar short.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
And that makes me very sad, although I know it's silly...

The original Grandpa Joe looked like my Grandpa. [Razz]

Not that this Grandpa Joe was going to look exactly the same, but...

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's not much worse than "It's a small world after all." Not any better, mind you, but still.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I saw a trailer for that, and I said to my husband, "This is just wrong." Although I do think I said that they might get closer to the book.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
It's totally wrong but ooh it looks interesting.....

Course nothing can ever top Gene Wilder in that role.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't know, it looks like they've turned what used to be a story about a good kid being helped by an eccentric, but kind candy maker, into some sort of circus nightmare complete with frightening music.
Isn't that what the original movie is?
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.