FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kids Account?!?

Author Topic: Kids Account?!?
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Any theories as to why my online savings account is suddenly called "Kids Account"???

I am utterly baffled.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*boggle*

I have no idea. I know my divorced parents keep an account they call the 'kid account' for shared expenses caused by us. Maybe your account got switched with something like that [Dont Know]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
But the thing is, my parents haven't had control over my savings account for about 3-4 years. There's no reason that, should they have accidentally asked to have my account switched to Kids (my sister is still a minor and they may have been fiddling with that one) that the bank should have allowed the change, right?

Right?

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost certainly this is a mistake.

Call the bank. I bet they can clear it up quickly. (And if they give you any guff, sic Hatrack on 'em.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you'd better get your Mom to call. If they think it's a kids account, they won't talk to you.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree, there's no reason her mom should have to call for a bank's screwup. That is her account, and she should assert ownership over it, which her mom calling fails to accomplish.

Probably best not to call, though, but to go in (of course having ID on her).

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*resets fugu's Sarcasmometer*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Or perhaps I should get some sleep . . .

*pies rivka, and sends a pie to OSC, airmail*

Darn it, use a winking smiley or something, man!

Those of us with sleep-slowed mental processes are easily confused!

Wait, probably best not to let people know that . . .

Hmmm, this is turning into a bizarre stream of consciousness-type post . . .

Back to original thought: perhaps I should get some sleep!

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Sleep is for wimps.

Or people who have finished writing tests, instead of having fun playing with the Looney Labs site and ordering lots of promo cards.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's a passbook savings account (the kind where you have to have that little register book for them to enter transactions by the computer), the bank may have simply renamed the account type. This happened to me about 10 years ago with my original savings account from when I still was a kid.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avicus
Member # 7652

- posted      Profile for Avicus   Email Avicus         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it a joint account that you had done when you were younger? If so then you can always just have the money taken out if you're of age and sent to your house.
Posts: 51 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.