FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Does anyone live in or within a large number of miles of Spokane Washington

Author Topic: Does anyone live in or within a large number of miles of Spokane Washington
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
How large is 'large'? [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. A very large number of miles. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have some friends who do. And my husband was born in Yakima. Any specific reason?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I have relatives there, I think.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Preferably to the West, not too far to the East but all the way across Idaho to the West, and down to the bottom of the state to the south.

(Sorry if anyone has asked questions I haven't responded to, I'm on the world's slowest wireless connection tm)

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

I like that area. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you counting Western Washington, like the Seattle/Tacoma area? That's where I live. Never been over the mountains, though.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the closest Hatracker to Spokane is most likey me.

Weird sort of irony, that. [Smile]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Seattle is too far West. [Frown]

[EDIT: Annieness! [Kiss] ]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ April 04, 2005, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Hobbes
Member # 433

It's not that high a population area anyways, but you never know. [Dont Know]

Hobbes [Smile]

dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Moving or just visiting, Hobbes?
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Well anyways, I'm going to be visiting. [Cool]

[Didn't see you post but I guess I answered it [Smile] Visiting for a long period of time though]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ April 04, 2005, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
"Visiting for a long period of time"? Like, two years?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Less than two years. But not by a lot.

Hobbes [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

As in, less time spent preparing to visit?
Hobbes
Member # 433

I've been called to labor in the Washington Spokane mission come end of June. Does that answer your question? [Wink]

Hobbes [Smile]

dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

[Smile]

Congrats. WA is a beautiful state!

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That is a sneaky, sneaky way to announce your mission call!

Congratulations. [Smile]

Hobbes
Member # 433

I'm going to make a great missionary, huh? [Wink]

I figured people should work for it, I mean, who would want to read this thread anyways? You've got to want it!

Once again: [Wink]

Thanks for the congrats both of you [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

[ April 04, 2005, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
You are going to make a great missionary, Hobbes.

[Cool]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Hobbes! What a great place to go!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Victor Joseph and Thomas Builds The Fire live near Spokane.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't Jeniwren in Spokane? Anyhow, I may be able to make a trip up there sometime (I'm in Oregon over the summer) to see you. We'll see.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I just told my husband that you recieved your call, and he reminded me that his prediction for you was Seattle! He didn't quite make it, but he was darned close! Impressive, huh? [Big Grin]
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy you thought of me Shigosei, but no, I'm in Bellingham, which is farther away from Spokane than Seattle. [Smile]

Two lady missionaries came by Saturday. They were very nice girls. I told them I'd be happy to have them come visit again. I hope they do. Not that I'm interested in going back to the LDS church, but it's always nice to have pleasant people come to visit.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyhow, good luck, Hobbes!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbes, that's awesome! Congratulations!

My dad was born and raised in Spokane, and we had family reunions up there every other year throughout my childhood/teenagehood. My grandparents later moved down to Lindon, Utah because they had a lot of grandkids going to BYU, so I haven't been up there in a while, though.

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, next fall I'll be transferring to Pullman, which is about 75 miles south of Spokane. My grandparents live near Fruitland, a [i]very[i] small town about 70 miles northwest of Spokane between the Spokane and Colville Indian Reservations, and I regularly spend summers with them. But I actually live (when I'm not in Pennsylvania) in Western Washington.
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on the call.

One of my best friends from my own mission (a fellow missionary then) lives in Spokane. In fact, he is a native american of the Spokane tribe.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Sneaky, sneaky, Hobbes. [Smile]

But congrats on your call!

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Hobbes!! If you get sent to Moscow Idaho, I've got a referral for you.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I travel there off and on for business . . . and have family in the Tri-Cities (where I also travel off and on for business . . . )

Congratulations! That's a beautiful area -

[Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.