FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oh no!! (Another email faux pas!)

Author Topic: Oh no!! (Another email faux pas!)
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, there must be something in the water! This afternoon I sent an innocent equipment request to a coworker, and cc'ed my boss. I didn't *need* to cc him, but since there have been a lot of weird politics involving him, myself, and the coworker, I wanted to make sure I had my bases covered.

Well, unfortunately, I accidentally sent the email using the account that belongs to my little freelancing side business! Which I didn't want EITHER of these two people to know about! But now, if they're at all curious about why I'm suddenly using this different account, all they have to do is type in the domain name, and BOOM! The cat's out of the bag!

I feel like SUCH an idiot. I took down the index page temporarily, but they would probably have already seen it by this point. D'oh!!

Also, the dog's collar broke 5 minutes earlier, letting her loose on the street... She came when I called, eventually, but it scared me half to death!

There's no way I'm going to be operating heavy machinery today. [Razz]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel sorry for you.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
doh.

thats ok, I once hit "reply to all" instead of "reply" when answering an e-mail that a teacher sent out to everyone in the class...including info that I really didn't want sent out to the entire class.

another psych grad student also did that with an exam that we sent through e-mail...she accidentally sent all her answers to the entire class instead of to the teacher

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
awsome
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Last week I emailed a coworker when I meant to email my boss....it wasn't really rude, but I would have phrased my email differently had I meant to send it to the person I did. It sparked a snarky reply, which sparked a conference call, that ended up resolving the problem discussed in the email much better than it would have otherwise. So I got off easy.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm.. I like that silver lining angle. [Smile]

Let's see if I can find one... uh.... because of this mistake, my boss finally gets around to firing me, giving me the excuse I need to leave the job. Well, that would be good, but I still need the paycheck.

Because of this, my boss once again is forced to consider how insanely overqualified I am for my job, and arranges for me to finally do the needed work that only I can do.

Nah. Firing is more likely. [Smile] But most likely is that nothing will happen, except the amount of gossip happening behind my back will increase. Eh. I guess I can deal with that.

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Zeugma, there is also a chance that no one will notice. If you boss is the type to just scan the subject line, he may pay no attention to what account it came from.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.