FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » *Ponders*

Author Topic: *Ponders*
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I have noticed that many of you post even when I am not online. Clearly this is a waste of everyone's time : While I appreciate your efforts, there's really no need to keep me entertained 24 hours a day! On the other hand, when I am online, some of you post quite slowly, and some apparently not at all. Not amusing! So, to end this deplorable state of affairs, and help everybody be effective foils for my brilliance, I'll post my online schedule. All times are EST.

Weekdays I read, but cannot post, from about 1000 to about 1700; there follows half-an-hour's hiatus, then I can both read and post until 2300 or so. Mondays are an exception, I go fencing from 1900 to 2100. Fridays, likewise, I am busy in the evening. Saturday mornings I stay in bed, and may start posting around 1200, staying for the most part online until I begin to play Victoria at 2200. Sundays I am busy until about 1500, then free for the rest of the evening.

So, now that you know the times you are required to be online, let's have no more of this waste and inefficiency! To get the maximum KoM-entertainment for your buck, post only in these times, and leave the forum alone otherwise.

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kamui
Member # 7619

- posted      Profile for Kamui   Email Kamui         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like perfect sense to me KoM [Hail]
Posts: 26 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh come on, you don't think you're more interesting than Orson Scott Card, do you? [Wink]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Bev, I don't think you quite understand. You are all of you puppets, created to dance for my amusement. Whether you are entertained is utterly irrelevant.

Dance, puppets, dance! *Cracks whip, laughs maniacally*

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Ahhh... sock puppets. I've heard that one before. [Wink]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure I believe in you.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, in the sixth grade I was struck with the revelation that for all I knew, I was the only actual person in the world and that nothing and no one else existed until they affected me directly.

I think this thread of yours is one last-ditch effort on behalf of the universe to trick me back into thinking that was a silly, juvenile sort of thing to believe. You won't beat me! I know the truth!

Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

KoM, you have it all wrong. You are here to entertain *me*. And you usually do a pretty good job of it too.
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
bev -- does he do it on purpose, or unwittingly?

mph

[ April 04, 2005, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Portabello ]

Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I was the only actual person in the world
Yes, but are you Susie dreaming you are Annie, or vice versa?
Also, if true, it makes your relationship with Hobbes...interesting. [Razz]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
But the rest of us need the extra time to catch up with ya!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
My bad. I'll work on that.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susie Derkins
Member # 7718

- posted      Profile for Susie Derkins   Email Susie Derkins         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes, but are you Susie dreaming you are Annie, or vice versa?
Neither. I am actually Marianne Dashwood.
Posts: 285 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes, I forgot about Ms. Dashwood.

"Monty, I'll take the persona behind curtain #3!"

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
He forgets.... he's King of MEN... Women are therefore free from his reign of terror!

<posting gleefully whenever she wants>

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
yea but the word men can imply the entire race of humanity
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

however, women are free to assume that it doesn't apply to us

[Razz]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
free to assume, yes, but he's also free to assume that it does.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

but obviously I control the universe...

[edit: this is my 2323rd post. That's wicked cool!]

[ April 04, 2005, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
KoM can assume all he wants, but unless us WOMEN are willing to play along... <evil grin>

and awesomeness, Dragon!!

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.