FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Altáriël of Dorthonion

Author Topic: Altáriël of Dorthonion
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
You joined VBS. What brought that on? I don't mind, I think its great there. But I was just wondering. I'm SteveRogers there too so if you need any help ask.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thanks for helping me on this. Anyway, is VBS like an RPG community?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Thats what it is basically. If you're going to jump in you'll need to join a newer army, I suggest Badger, Salamander or Flame. I'm commander of Salamander so join it. [Razz]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I see you're making a bit of progress......
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
So then, for the second ection of the profile form, I don't fill it in until I've been in a battle?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Do I have to fill in the second part then?? Can anyone answer me this?
Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
It depends if you're joining a launch or an army. If you're joining an army, it's always better to write your profile as if your char had some prior experience in the battleroom, unless they're straight out of launch.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Dessy- It took you long enough to find this thread! Gosh, don't you read every thread I start? [Razz]

Al(Is it okay if I call you this or Ally or something? I can never remember how to spell your name)- You need to fill it out if you're going to be in an army, even if you haven't been in a battle.

Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Usually I'm Alt, but Ally is ok.
So I just make up stats then?
It's not like I'd make my character all perfect and superior to Ender, I don't think it would work that way. What do should I join then? Since I'm sucha newbie at this, do I go to a launch?

Belgarath
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Belgarath   Email Belgarath         Edit/Delete Post 
well if you did make your character all super heroy and like ender. Im sure theres writers there that will jump down your throat and help you with it. [Evil] [Evil Laugh]

Im sure steve can tell you of his experince of his first week. lol
[Hat] [Evil Laugh] [Group Hug]

Posts: 40 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Bel- How did you know about that? Who are you over there? Pitry and I are friends now, in a know each other over internet but still remember an arguement, lives in a different country kind of way.

Alt(I'll call you this since you seem to prefer it.)- Just make up stats, yes. You don't have to join a launch first. The only launch open right now is 1551 which is pretty far into its plot. I would advise joining either Badger Army, AbeLincoln(Commander of Badger) is a great guy but he sometimes forgets his head is on his shoulders, Flame Army, Andrew is kind of old-fashioned and really funny but his standards are set really high, or Salamander Army, SteveRogers(haha! Its me) will not be described because I'm him. [Razz] Just e-mail your profile to the commander of your choice army after you've read VBS for Halfwits, which is very important.

Desdemona
Member # 7100

- posted      Profile for Desdemona   Email Desdemona         Edit/Delete Post 
Centipede is also active, somewhat, although our commander has left us. cochick has assumed temporary command, however.

Steve, I have a sneaking suspicion that Belgarath is Chris Kidd...

Posts: 459 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I don't think he is. I don't think that Chris has been a Jatraquero since A Long Time Ago. He has a username that is Chris Kidd anyway. He might be though. I'm hoping he'll tell us.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Alt- Are you figuring things out? Its kind of confusing over there I admit, but its worth it. I'm sure Dessy would agree, wherever she is.
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
hey Steve Ive been lurking at hatrack since 1997. i love reading alot of the topics. i may jump in a fluff thread now and then. oh also if you havent noticed i use the same email with all my characters at VBS. [Big Grin]
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

So you're not Belgarath? [Dont Know]
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Steve I'll give you one hint what do Silk and Belgarath have in common.

[Blushing] [Wink] [Evil]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Are they both characters that you wrote? So you are Belgarath? That would explain why you made the reference to my somewhat bumpy beginnings.

[ April 08, 2005, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: SteveRogers ]

Belgarath
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Belgarath   Email Belgarath         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he ment to ask what the conectio between Silk and Belgarath.
Posts: 40 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.