FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » K, like, OMFG, this has gone on long enough

Author Topic: K, like, OMFG, this has gone on long enough
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
So, firstly, I was pissed last spring. The Canucks lost in overtime to those work-hard hick Calgary flames - and we didn'teven have Burtuzzi (cuz he broke someones neck) and our goaly (who, I admit, sucks balls anyways).

THEN, there's no hockey season this year. Sure, I told myself, that's ok. I'll playa season on NHL 2005

So, I did. I played a game every day - making my season the right length.

Well, now the Canucks have Bodeur, Iginla, Gaborik, and Karya. Trevor Linden is the captain and we won the stanley cup.

It was a great day for me, for the team, for the fans, and for the sport.

Well, it's wrn off. I'm pissed - there's NO HOCKEY STILL. All I want is to WATCH SOME HOCKEY.

So, like, WTF NHL - get your act together. Stop munching on carpets and GET THE HOCKEY BACK ON. And dont EVEN get me started on the players assosiation. They don't represent the rookies, or the old players, or the third and forth liners, or the bad players - they represent the f***ing New York Rangers first line.

So, F YOU, NHL and F YOU NHLPA. I need a new game now because NHL 2005 is boring.

Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Aaron
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a suggestion: You might consider removing some of your "F"s. Jaded as I am personally, I could care less, but there are many members of this board, our hosts likely included, who might object to them, especially as used in the title.

Just a friendly "heads up". [Wink]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sexy_aaron
Member # 7312

- posted      Profile for sexy_aaron   Email sexy_aaron         Edit/Delete Post 
The F's are there to replace a very horrible word that no one should ever say. Those F's are saving millions of innocent children from having unclean ears (and through their ears, unclean minds).

No, I think the 'F's can stay. No one would be immature enough to object to them.

Posts: 78 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Battlestar Galaticia has a new curse word that begins with F.

Frack. They can shout frack. They’ll frack things up. Say frack you. It’s basically a new cuss word that the FCC hasn’t censored yet and most people don’t have a clue what it means.

I thought Aaron was saying frack since my pastor and I use it all the time now!

Fun.

Oh… what the frack…

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The tone of the post is definitely not in keeping with the rest of the board.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Intent! Intent! Intent!

Words are nothing!

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the word Frell from Farscape.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Frag.

You can use it almost any-fragging-where.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Smeg.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
St. Yogi
Member # 5974

- posted      Profile for St. Yogi   Email St. Yogi         Edit/Delete Post 
Frick!
Posts: 739 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

FRACK!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
So, like, get your act together. Because you know, like, you like totally have to be immature to object to like ya know using a phrase with the letter F. Like whatEVer! You have to be like such a child to be offended because of the title of this post.

Claiming someone must be immature to object to something is a stupid defense.

-Katarain

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I, like, totally agree with Katarain or whoever. Or, you know, like, whatever, K?
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
My friend, Jacob, was walking down the street with his Aussie/Scottish uncle Bill, and his [then] 6-year old brother, Nathan.

A car drove past, zooming.

B: YOU ****ING B*****D!
N: Did you just say "flying basket"?
B: Yes, Nathan, I did; except it's not nice to say it, so you keep your mouth clean.

---

On a side note, Nathan now called his sister - not a particularly attractive one, to say the least - "****ing gorgeous". Jacob was paralysed for the rest of the week. Of course, Nathan knows nothing about the meaning of the Tetragrammaton.

---

Jacob's (and Nathan's) father teaches Jacob and me English.

[ April 06, 2005, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Do you mind *** ing the B word, too, JH? Sorry, I just don't like to read it if it's being used as a swear.
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Battlestar Galaticia has a new curse word that begins with F
That is not new, little child. [Roll Eyes]

(I'm dating myself, eh?)

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Speed,

I highly recommend you look up the meaning of the word "Smeg." It is, in fact, a real word and has a very interesting, uh, meaning.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

Yes, I too saw it in the original series, but they didn’t use it very much. I think only a few times. But the new series has frack all over the place. You’re guaranteed a frack multiple times in each show.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Sign me up!

I mean... hockey? Oh, that strange sport played on ice. It's gone?

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
tabernakle... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I supposed frag is okay, and no one can say God never frags anyone.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
What is this hockey of which you speak? Is it some Canadian game, like Curling?

[Dont Know]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Tetragrammaton.
[ROFL]

I'm going to steal that description, if you don't mind.

OK! Have fun! This is one of my better usages of the word.

[ April 09, 2005, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Your pastor says "frack." I thought they were supposed to steer clear of curse words, or replacement curse words.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Megalomaniac
Member # 7695

- posted      Profile for Mr_Megalomaniac   Email Mr_Megalomaniac         Edit/Delete Post 
I like smurf

Shut the smurf up
I'm going to kick your smurfing smurf
You son of a smurf

Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.