FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dear Florida Clump

Author Topic: Dear Florida Clump
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Any ratrequeros near Miami? I'll be in town for a conference from tonight until Friday, and we could maybe catch a bite if there is someone nearby.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, if it were only four years ago....but no longer. [Smile]
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
<jealous>

Wait, I live reasonably close to CT when she's at home. I should really do something about that.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Planning on moving, PC?
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Nope. It's just that the few times I've had the opportunity to meet her I've either had to pass or was completely unable to attend because of a lack of transportation.

Now, I don't really have much of an excuse (excluding the whole infant thing). I have weekends off and a car. So, I can attend any Wisconsin Clump gathering scheduled for such times.

[ April 06, 2005, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Primal Curve ]

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
And you're not even going to be there on the weekend.

*wist*

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just pointing out the humorous alternative implication of your two sentences above. [Wink]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I am in Miami, CT, and I would LOVE to meet you. I hope the email in your profile is up-to-date, cause I emailed you. If it's not, you can email me at the email in my profile.

[Big Grin]

[ April 06, 2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Ela ]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

quote:
I was just pointing out the humorous alternative implication of your two sentences above. [Wink]
I know, which is why I was quick to explain my position.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Ela, Ela, Ela! We get in at about 4:25, and then we have to check-in at the Savoy at (455 Ocean Drive). However, tonight is free, as well as tomorrow night and Friday afternoon -- we fly out around 3:30.

Apparently, this conference hotel is very chic-chic and has private beach access. [Smile] So I'll give you a call after we get in.

yay!

(Perelandra, we will get together soon. And I'm bound and determined to track down Joe and Cor, too. I think I'll just work my way through Hatrack one person at a time. [Wink] )

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

quote:
Perelandra
Ooooh, old school. Now you'd really be with it if you called me "Perelndra" as I used to be known in IRC.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun in your amee.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

My amee is not a topic for mixed company.
*prim look

PC, I was reminded of your prior name while flicking through for the Name Game. I miss it, but I promise not to use it too often. [Smile]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I think I'll just work my way through Hatrack one person at a time."

Alternately, you could just attend a con. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ela, will CT get to meet The Kidnapping Victim?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Hopefully, Liz.

CT, tonight is my Israeli folkdancing night, so I would prefer Thursday or Friday if possible. We can talk and see what works.

If I go to dancing I'll be out from about 8pm till 10pm (or 11pm, if I get a partner).

The hotel you are staying at is very close to us. [Smile]

YAY! [Big Grin]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

If I were CT, I would go and watch the folk dancing. Why do you need a partner, when you have TKV?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Awww...Wish you were here, too, Jane.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

By the way, JaneX, the offer of the bike still stands. (sorry CT)
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nope. It's just that the few times I've had the opportunity to meet her I've either had to pass or was completely unable to attend because of a lack of transportation.

Now, I don't really have much of an excuse (excluding the whole infant thing). I have weekends off and a car. So, I can attend any Wisconsin Clump gathering scheduled for such times.

Yeah, maybe you have transportation now... but do you have enough gas? [Wink]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie, I've been thinking about your going away clumping... I don't want to organize a place to stay or activities or anything, since I'm not local, but I think we should start looking at dates. I could start a thread about that, if you like? (I don't want to be pushy, but I really want it to happen. [Smile] )
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Why do you need a partner, when you have TKV?
I can't convince him to come dancing with me.

I have been dancing with my son, Shlomo, teaching him partner dances, and he has turned into a great dancer. [Smile]

I used to dance with a woman who was too religious to dance with men, but she moved to Maine. [Frown]

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

ElJay, so long as it's a weekend, there's an excellent chance I can attend.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
When/where is Carrie's going away clumping?
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be what we're going to (hopefully) figure out [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm going to take that to be a yes. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Madison? Milwaukee? Green Bay? Chicago?
ElJay
Member # 6358

Go read the thread. [Razz] Post on it. I want to meet you!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.