FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Paperclips

Author Topic: Paperclips
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't want to derail the A Class Divided thread, so I though I would start my own.

Did anybody see the movie PaperClips? Its about a middle school in Tennesse that, as a way to study predjudice, begins to study the Holocaust. At one point during the study one of the students asks the teacher what 6 million is and the teacher admits to not knowing. So they decide to collect 6 million paperclips so they can visualize the number.

In the end they have recieved personal letters from survivors and familiy members with X number of paperclips to represent people they know who died. They also track down a railcar from Nazi Germany to display all the paperclips outside their school.

The movie was only shown at select locations around the US, when I saw it I think the introducer said it had only been show at 31 theaters and would only be shown 3 times in Lexington. However, if it is shown in your area or you can find someway to get it sown, I would highly recommend it. It is both moving and uplifting.

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow, that sounds really interesting. I'll have to look into that.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
That does sound very interesting.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*waves* Hi Irish!!!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi AJ!

:Waves back:

If you look at the message boards on the IMDB site, there are a bunch of e-mail addresses for who you can contact if you want to get the movie shown. I have now idea how creadable they are, but the actual movie is made through Miramax and the theater in Lexington had to track down somebody in the Exec. office of Miramax to get it shown. [Wink]

~Irish

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.