FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Xena Convention vs. Star Trek Convention - A Wonderful Dilemma

Author Topic: Xena Convention vs. Star Trek Convention - A Wonderful Dilemma
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
So, on our trip back from BobandDanacon, Icarus and I scored a couple of free round trip airline tickets to use anywhere in the continental U.S. in the next year. Icarus has some thoughts on what he wants to do with them, but has pretty much left it up to me. I did some research and discovered two events that would really interest me. The problem is choosing between them.

The first is the Official Star Trek Convention being held in August, I believe.

Here are the pluses:

1. It's in Las Vegas! (At the Las Vegas Hilton, where the Star Trek Experience is located)

2. It's not so far away in the future.

3. Patrick Stewart will be there! (along with Will Shatner, Avery Brooks, and Kate Mulgrew and many other stars)

The minusus:

1. The best seats are sold out.

2. The autograph session with Patrick Stewart is sold out. (Sigh)

My other option is the Xena Convention being held in January of 2006.

The pluses:

1. It's in California (Burbank)

2. The best seats are still available.

3. Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Conner will be attending.

The minuses:

1. It's a long time from now.

2. There are no guarantees of autograph signing from either of the major stars.

3. It's more expensive than the Star Trek convention.

What do you all think? And does anyone else have any interest in attending one of them? A large number of Hatrackers in attendance would certainly be a plus to add to either list. [Smile]

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

- posted      Profile for Goo Boy   Email Goo Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Icarus has some thoughts on what he wants to do with them, but has pretty much left it up to me.
O_O

I did what?!

Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could just save them for the next Hatrack Con [Wink]
AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle*
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

Icky, honey, I told you what I planned to research on our way out this morning. Your only comments on the topic were that you would like to go to the Los Angeles area (hence, Xenacon) and that you wouldn't mind returning to Las Vegas (hence, StarTrekcon).

Your other suggestion was that we fly close to the Canadian border and rent a car and drive. That would cost quite a bit of money, probably more than the conventions if you include multiple hotels and gas along a Canadian trip.

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

That doesn't quite sound like "It's up to you, honey!"

-o-

There are a lot of Hatrackers in California.

I'm just sayin'.

Posts: 289 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

If you will re-read my post, I never quoted you as saying that. I said he "pretty much has left it up to me." There's a big difference...dear. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

You guys are even cuter now that I've met you in person.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

I'm afraid I can't.

I have a new policy of never rereading posts.

I find it makes for a more time-efficient Hatrack experience.

Goo Boy
Member # 7752

So while we're chatting here, I seem to have left my wallet at home and can't eat lunch. [Frown]

Wanna send something over by courier? [Wink]

Goo Boy
Member # 7752

And just like that, I'm not a new member.

Took me like a month to lose that the first time.

Cor
Member # 4295

And when did you start going by Gooboy?
Cor
Member # 4295

Left your wallet at home. Big surprise. [Smile] Just be absolutely certain you haven't lost it...please!!
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

I have never gone by Gooboy.
skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you see that bit on Leno with Howie Mandell at the Xena convention? There were some totally hot babes dressed up in warrior princess garb.

[ April 06, 2005, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: skillery ]

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should come to this convention because a totally cool superhero will be there.

Also, Mercedes Lackey.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
So is Goo Boy your stab at an OSC fanboy type name?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
I think you should come to this convention because a totally cool superhero will be there.
Plus, ElJay will take you out to dinner.
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if it would be in the pro or con column, probably depending on who's keeping score - but hot women in amazon warrior outfits clinches the deal for me.

And if I had to be a stereotypical pig, the women in aforementioned warrior outfits probably wouldn't be interested in your man...which again is a debatable pro/con issue. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

Yeah, Zan. I decided I should have a fanboy nickname.

In fact, I think everyone should.

[Razz]

Cor
Member # 4295

I actually have my own hot woman warrior outfit. And I think my man likes me in it...

And you're right, I probably won't need to worry much about the other women there going after Icky. But he will probably enjoy the show.

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
If I was dressed in a hot Amazon woman outfit, I would be all over Icky.

I don't have one, so please don't beat me up Cor.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goo Boy
Member # 7752

o_O
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to be absolutely no help. Vegas is a bit too far for me to drive, especially in August. And after B&DCon and DallasCon, I think I will have hit my quota of airline tickets for quite some time. And Burbank is close!

OTOH, I'm a big ST fan and don't like Xena at all.

Have fun deciding. [Smile] I'd love to get to see you both again. Getting trounced at Scrabble is one of my favorite things. [Wink] I might even be awake for it this time!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.